Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Once it's all over, are we all going to get along?

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Seems crazy to me to go through the pain and uncertainty of Brexit without a clear mandate for change and I mean 10%+ at least (and a 70%+ turnout?) but it's too late now!
A Brexit vote would be advisory, nothing more. The MPs could interpret the result however they saw fit, using their representative powers to act in the interests of their constituents. A narrow Leave victory would not be a mandate for drastic action.

The reason no-one could say what would happen next after the vote was because it depended on what the MPs wanted to do, not on those campaigning for "Leave".

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/polit...wats-wanted-in-the-first-place-20160623109722

Britain in historic vote that only a handful of twats wanted in the first place

BRITAIN faces a tumultuous decision today because of a relatively small number of annoying, obsessive twats, experts have confirmed.

The country will vote on whether to remain in the European Union thanks to the weirdest members of the Conservative Party and a man who sounds like an angry duck and looks like a monkey had sex with a trout.

Professor Henry Brubaker, of the Institute for Studies, said: “Like me, you were probably minding your own business and managing not to think about the EU because it’s so utterly fvcking tedious.

“If you did ever think about it then it would probably have been along the lines of ‘it’s a bureaucracy and they tend not to be perfect, but I realise I have to accept that because I’m not a child’.

“But then some right wing oddballs decide to inflict their pathetic neuroses and tawdry power struggles on the rest of us, and so now we all hate each other more than ever. Spiffing.”

He added: “Fvck Britain.”

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/polit...wats-wanted-in-the-first-place-20160623109722

BRITAIN faces a tumultuous decision today because of a relatively small number of annoying, obsessive twats, experts have confirmed.

The country will vote on whether to remain in the European Union thanks to the weirdest members of the Conservative Party and a man who sounds like an angry duck and looks like a monkey had sex with a trout.

Professor Henry Brubaker, of the Institute for Studies, said: “Like me, you were probably minding your own business and managing not to think about the EU because it’s so utterly fvcking tedious.

“If you did ever think about it then it would probably have been along the lines of ‘it’s a bureaucracy and they tend not to be perfect, but I realise I have to accept that because I’m not a child’.

“But then some right wing oddballs decide to inflict their pathetic neuroses and tawdry power struggles on the rest of us, and so now we all hate each other more than ever. Spiffing.”

Best article on the whole sorry episode that I've read yet.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

That just about sums it up for me too!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Sums it all up rather well.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I'm not voting. I have not taken sides. I was giving an objective, unbiased opinion.

That's the spirit :thumbsup:
Fence_Sitting.jpg

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

By the looks of it at least 20 million voters wanted it. That is what matters.

So Fvck him!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
A Brexit vote would be advisory, nothing more. The MPs could interpret the result however they saw fit, using their representative powers to act in the interests of their constituents. A narrow Leave victory would not be a mandate for drastic action.

If you seriously think we are not on our bike then you are fooling yourself. For better or worse we are gone.

If MPs interpret the result any other way then there would be drastic action indeed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here