Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

on waccoe board

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Went to the Forest v Brighton game this afternoon to do some scouting. Brighton brought a good number with them and were quite vocal, in contrast to the home crowd who were quiet and nervous. The Brighton keeper was excellent, made three outstanding saves and didn't drop a cross all game. The Brighton number 7, Dean Cox looked a skilful player. The left back, Mayo should be exploited, as he was the weak link in the defence. Slow and carrying a few extra pounds. Centre halfs good in the air, but slow if we can put it over the top or to the strikers feet to run at them. Overall Brighton played some tidy football, and looked a useful outfit. Think an early goal could change all that though.
:thumbsup::thumbsup: their worried

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
True about Mayo, but he's all we have at the minute and is playing pretty well defensively

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
on waccoe board Who are they?

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Interesting how every time you read an opposition fan's match report they always seem to rate Cox, while our own fans just criticise!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Thats the first fans review in ages ive seen that rates Cox, coincidentally so did all of our fans that went today (by the looks of the player ratings thread)

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
I thought that Mayo looks a bit heavy. I thought Forster made a big thing of it earlier in the season that he had never trained so hard. So how come Kerry looks as though he could do to lose a couple of stone.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Ferret has posted on here that Kezza is one of the fittest players in the club. He is stocky but that doesn't make him fat.

brighton2win

Aug 21, 2005
Ferret has posted on here that Kezza is one of the fittest players in the club. He is stocky but that doesn't make him fat.

extra weight makes you slower, whether in bulky muscle or fat. he could certainly do with shedding some weight for a bit more speed and agility.. got turned inside out 3 times within about 5 minutes today in the 1st half.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
On the BBC Five Live coverage of the game yesterday, the commentator described Mayo as

"Brighton's rather bulky left back"

:lolol:

Pretty sure I heard Forest fans singing "You fat bastard" to him as well.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
On the BBC Five Live coverage of the game yesterday, the commentator described Mayo as

Nah couldn't of been singing, they were sat in the library for 90 mins, you'd have thought with over 15,000 home fans they could sing something

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I couldn't make the game because of work, but there was a point in the radio coverage when the commentator announced Mayo had given away a free kick, and I could clearly hear a chorus of "you fat bastard" for a while, so I assumed it was meant for Kerry.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I thought Five Live spent the whole game making oh-so-hilarious Doug Loft jokes?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Maybe it wasn't the Forest fans?

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I couldn't make the game because of work, but there was a point in the radio coverage when the commentator announced Mayo had given away a free kick, and I could clearly hear a chorus of "you fat bastard" for a while, so I assumed it was meant for Kerry.

You're quite right, Ed. It was the Forest fans who stood up all game (funny that...) to our left, they certainly did sing 'you fat bastard' at Mayo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here