Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On tour in Turkey...

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
So last Saturday I'm in this street market in Bodrum, Turkey, :cool: wishing I was somewhere else whilst the girlfriend inspects even more crap souvenirs. :facepalm: Opposite is a stall selling knock off footie shirts, when this big guy says 'no mate, you won't have mine, I'm from Brighton'. Turns out my new best friend is called Andy, actually has a season ticket in the North Stand. So Hi Andy!

Funnily enough, quite a few of the stall holders claimed to be from Barnsley, accent and all. Dunno if Barnsley has a big Turkish population but if they're missing a husband or boyfriend or two tell 'em they're in Bodrum market.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I might have been to the very same market. I thought it was one of the most horrible places I've ever been to, especially for my sister who is blonde and was 15/16 at the time, she got practically molested by the locals.
To be honest, the only positive I got out of Turkey was getting a rather nice genuine leather baseball cap for less than a tenner! (Yes, it is genuine)

Glad you managed to find something good about the place!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I went to Bodrum in September and really liked it. If I go again I think I'll take an empty suitcase and fill it with dodgy knock off gear.

kip

Aug 2, 2011
I went to Bodrum and got some fake trainers. Quite liked the place but didn't have much of a beach if I remember rightly

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Fair comment about Bodrum, about 20 years ago it was fake Lacoste t-shirts that Brits were lapping up...when even the real ones were barely fashionable.

Jan 30, 2008
I might have been to the very same market. I thought it was one of the most horrible places I've ever been to, especially for my sister who is blonde and was 15/16 at the time, she got practically molested by the locals.
To be honest, the only positive I got out of Turkey was getting a rather nice genuine leather baseball cap for less than a tenner! (Yes, it is genuine)

Glad you managed to find something good about the place!
leather baseball cap ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here