Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On this day THIRTEEN years ago

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Cullip was a great leader (albeit a bit of a cock on the pitch too), he had a streak in him that helped give us an extra edge and stood up when it mattered as a captain should. Shame Greer isn't a bit more like that. (cue Gordon Greer last minute header against Forest to get in play offs)

From the archives of @timco 's brilliant Albion Albion

0to3.jpg

ug3o.jpg

Was NSC invented then - I would have worn something more conspicuous if I had known that I was going to be photographed - I am there somewhere, bit further to the right I think.

The game I recall was rearranged from a few weeks earlier due to the wonderful (lack of) drainage at Withdean. Some acquaintances and STH has already given up their tickets for that game and attended an England International (friendly?) at Anfield instead as it was another ground that they and their sons could tick off from their "92" list. Fortunately they were able to wangle some tickets for that great evening.

I believe that promotion had already been assured at Easter and Champion status a few weeks later. The victory was important as it meant that, even if Cheaterfield had not had their (9?) points deducted, Albion would still have been champions hence the chant at the game which suggested where the 9 points could best be placed!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The BEST night at Withdean by miles and one of the best nights EVER as an Albion fan.

The big envelope was brilliant, plus the sight of Cheaterfield's players getting brown envelopes flapping at them dementedly as they went to take a corner or throw in was absolutely hilario. Then...enter Mr Cullip and the rest is geography.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Been thinking about this game all day, I remember, I had Mock GCSE Maths test, my Maths teacher was an Albion fan, I didn't know the answer and put 'who cares it's Brighton Vs. Chesterfield tonight' then under that 'who is going up' when I got my paper back a week or so later I had a red cross by the answer but Brighton underneath.

Completely forgot about that until looking at this thread.

Night games at Withdean always felt electric, even though looking back now I bet they were dyer commpared to the AMEX, however night games at the AMEX are seen as a bit tame. weird.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
From the archives of [MENTION=78]timco[/MENTION] 's brilliant Albion Albion

Thank you :)

I was wondering where all the hits were coming from today....
www.albionalbum.co.uk or http://www.seagullsphotos.co.uk/ and of course the season ticket site www.amex-stadium.co.uk

A not for profit site, in fact makes a huge loss every year, provided by my hobby and not a commercial motive :)

I think I will wait until after Forest to put the Leicester pics up......do both together.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Brilliant season with some all time legends. Kuipers, Watson, Cullip, Carpenter, Zamora, Brooker... Plus the gaffer. One of the best

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Michel Kuipers

Watson Cullip Crosby Mayo

Oatway Rogers Carpenter

Hart Zamora Brooker

Just how legendary is that Brighton team! No wonder it was going to be the most success period in the history of the club.

A team packed full of heart and leadership. Great side.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here