Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On the way home from game - Huddersfield post-match analysis

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Shame if Bong had a poor one. Showed promise in forest game but also made a mistake that lead to Fulham goal Saturday. Did think the thread heaping praise on him and saying how good he's going to be was tempting fate a little - in true NSC style of course. Hopefully he can settle down Sat and have another good game.

Actually felt he did ok Saturday, especially as KLL gave him no protection in the second half.

I would've said March was more at fault Saturday as gave away possession with a scuffed shot rather than threading a pass to others better placed.

Agree with the NSC praise thing though....

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
This is a pretty accurate summary. I too was disappointed with Bong - got caught out a few times - with Nakhi Wells getting behind him easily. March was inconsistent and Murphy looked sharper and more productive - a couple of glorious crosses to strikers who weren't there - but perfect for the Bobby Zamora we knew ten years ago.

Really poor misplaced passes from Greer again from the back - and O'Grady's choice to cross rather than shoot at the end was really odd - but we finished very strongly and I felt having weathered their storm we looked most likely to win it again at the end.

Hunemeier gets a big tick from me.

Huddersfield are not a confident and talented team though - we'll face much better - Chris Powell on the radio mentioned "big spending Brighton - which we (Huddersfield) are not able to match" so we need to recognise our relative strength in the division.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here