Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On The Argus Website Tonight (20/06/07)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
what do youmean?

is there a piece from "me" on the argus?

cos i aint written in the argus! :s

Neither have I, but a couple of months ago, a few posts appeared that were supposed to be from me. I just contacted the Argus and had them removed as did 'Ernest' on the same thread. I've read that Hove bornandbred has done the same thing.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
maybe his most pointless article ever, but thenre you go, stirred more people up

Mark Mcghee blah blah, Mark McGhee is the manager of the Millennium, having won promotions with Brighton, Reading, Millwall, discovering Robbie Keane and never loosing a match in June and July in his whole career.

i have to be very careful what i say about him where i work :(

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Neither have I, but a couple of months ago, a few posts appeared that were supposed to be from me. I just contacted the Argus and had them removed as did 'Ernest' on the same thread. I've read that Hove bornandbred has done the same thing.
if this is the case (which i believe it is) why doesn't the Argus make it you have to register before you can post to stop these douplegangers in their tracks

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I don't, he needs to pull his tongue out of McGhee's backside.

Morning Andy :wave:

Why, instead of repeating yourself, over and over and over again, don't you come up with some constructive argument against what Naylor is saying?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Why, instead of repeating yourself, over and over and over again, don't you come up with some constructive argument against what Naylor is saying?
Why is he using a local newspaper to discuss and print stuff about himself, why does he think anyone that reads it would actually give a toss about him? He's so far up himself it's beyond belief.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Why is he using a local newspaper to discuss and print stuff about himself, why does he think anyone that reads it would actually give a toss about him? He's so far up himself it's beyond belief.

It's not really about him though is it?

People on here and at some of the games have tried to make it about him because they don't like what he wrote about the club, including the fans.

The most effective way of dealing with that is to stop buying his paper.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
It's not really about him though is it?
I fail to see which bit of this isn't about himself...
According to some I was his golfing buddy', which is nonsense - I had two rounds of golf with him during his three years in charge.

I make no apology for the fact that I had a good working relationship with McGhee. He was always helpful to the media and what is wrong with that?
Don't get me wrong, I've agreed with a fair bit of what he has wrote since the season ended but this is some sort of pisstake.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
pretty pathetic no one likes me and I don't care what i say is right sort of article. must have been a very slow sports day down argus way

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Oh dear. Something's wound him up, and the silly fellow has bitten.

Does it really matter to him one toss what people on NSC think of him? He's paid to write about the Albion, not whether some fans are having a pop at him. He writes opinions, and people express theirs in return - that's the perks and the pitfalls (depending on your point of view) of the job he's got, and he has to live with it.

It's not as though calling Mark McGhee your golfing buddy is exactly abusive is it?

Exactly my thoughts - rather self-indulgent if you ask me. Using the press to talk about his personal opinions and how he feels. Stick to reporting facts - that's what you're paid for.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I actually think Naylor is pretty good - and he takes a ridiculous amount of stick on here simply because he writes things how he sees it, doesn't follow the club line, and is fairly pro-Mcghee.

Obviously he's had enough of being slated on here - although quite frankly singing his name at Orient seemed ridiculous, i'm suprised he only had a slight dig then! However, the 'golf-buddy' line is obviously a response to comments made on here - maybe he'd have been better off replying via this message board than a daily newspaper:)

don't forget he is a stoke fan - and therefore he shouldn't have an opinion on our club!

singing his name at orient was simply ridiculous. i like what he writes as he calls it how it is, and doesn't suck up to the club and that makes for an objective view and gives you something to talk about - far better than having people who reel off the shame sort of wank that comes from the board and don't ask the questions that need to be asked - one of the main roles of a journalist

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

He's got his reaction though, hasn't he?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here