Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] On behalf of established senior presenters…..

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Can’t stand Holmes. A cheapskate bore who built a career as a ‘sweetie wife, apt Scottish slang for a man who likes to gossip. Now fighting woke as a right wing commentator on GB News.

Some people suddenly like this cnt because he’s attacking Schofield. Bizarre.
Holmes is vile. Let’s hope what goes around comes around.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You can’t say it’s (Schofield) not news, nobody else’s business, he’s done nothing wrong…

You can say:
- he’s NOT done anything illegal
- a tremendous number of the public have expressed such vitriol towards him, you’ve got to wonder if they’re right in the head given it doesn’t affect them
-and some of his fellow pro’s really ought to be ashamed of themselves putting the boot in, Holmes chief amongst them

When you consider it’s a show with an average of 750k viewers, and what former PMs in recent years have done…Time to move on really isn’t it?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Holmes is vile. Let’s hope what goes around comes around.

A reminder to me, NEVER tune in to GB News. These people are disgusting. Thriving on a pile in, seemingly not happy until the target kills themself.

It’s not a new phenomenon. Murdoch and Kelvin The Coward McKenzie got wealthy on the back of it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You can’t say it’s (Schofield) not news, nobody else’s business, he’s done nothing wrong…

You can say:
- he’s NOT done anything illegal
- a tremendous number of the public have expressed such vitriol towards him, you’ve got to wonder if they’re right in the head given it doesn’t affect them
-and some of his fellow pro’s really ought to be ashamed of themselves putting the boot in, Holmes chief amongst them

When you consider it’s a show with an average of 750k viewers, and what former PMs in recent years have done…Time to move on really isn’t it?

It boils down to whether you hated PS already, Nicky Campbell’s show this morning mentioned this. I know someone who openly never liked him (fair enough I can’t stand Tim Lovejoy or Ian Duncan Smith), who’s enjoyed this media attack on PS …. a gotcha moment.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It boils down to whether you hated PS already, Nicky Campbell’s show this morning mentioned this. I know someone who openly never liked him (fair enough I can’t stand Tim Lovejoy or Ian Duncan Smith), who’s enjoyed this media attack on PS …. a gotcha moment.
I agree. If you don’t like someone - and let’s face it, we can all be rather irrational about it - then any old excuse etc.

The irony of Holmes doing so is likely lost on him, given his vanity and smugness.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
How about a new 'celebrity gameshow' for these dreadful people where losers are never allowed to appear on tv, radio, printed press or T'Internet ever again :thumbsup:
Yeah I’d watch that. But if they are last man standing they’ll be even more into it. I don’t mind a little bit of Victorian freak show occasionally

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Holly seemed seriously upset this morning when delivering her statement, shaken and concerned.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
We’ve watched both interviews.
Schofield is a smarmy, shifty fake. Holmes an embittered malicious gossip.
Great tv though isn’t it ? I’ve never even seen their television programme but it’s like being in a hairdressers. Not to be taken seriously in any way.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Why is everyone in the media making such a song and dance about all this?

It's plastered across every outlet.

Who actually gives a shit?

Is there actually a story here?

In the closet presenter has affair with younger man before coming out to his wife having lied about his sexuality for years. That seems to be the sum of it. And yet it drags on and on and on.

Am I missing something?

I don't watch This Morning, so maybe there is something HUGE at play here. But otherwise, we have shit government, a war in Ukraine and a nutter about to try and take the White House again. Can we move it along a bit?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

In the closet presenter has affair with younger man before coming out to his wife having lied about his sexuality for years. That seems to be the sum of it. And yet it drags on and on and on.

Am I missing something?

I don't watch This Morning, so maybe there is something HUGE at play here. But otherwise, we have shit government, a war in Ukraine and a nutter about to try and take the White House again. Can we move it along a bit?
Yes, it’s quite entertaining. There is loads of other trivia every time I switch on BBC news so it fits in perfectly. Their serious news content is on their website.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Am I missing something?

I got a BBC 'breaking news' alert this morning about what Holly W had to say about the whole thing on today's show. And on more than one occasion, the latest development in the story has been the TOP STORY on the website.

What a time to be alive :wozza:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Am I missing something?

I believe that after near on 300,000 years of evolution, the human species have finally started on a pattern of devolution which seems to be accelerating exponentially. From early beginnings in the latter half of the last century (fireguards, safety caps on poisons/bleach, rubberised mats on playgrounds, health and safety etc) we now seem to have a significant number of dominant stupidity genes surviving and indeed thriving throughout the species.

I am afraid shit government, Ukraine, nutters in the Whitehouse, and these sort of headlines are just the latest manifestation of this :shrug:

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I believe that after near on 300,000 years of evolution, the human species have finally started on a pattern of devolution which seems to be accelerating exponentially. From early beginnings in the latter half of the last century (fireguards, safety caps on poisons/bleach, rubberised mats on playgrounds, health and safety etc) we now seem to have a significant number of dominant stupidity genes surviving and indeed thriving throughout the species.

I am afraid shit government, Ukraine, nutters in the Whitehouse, and these sort of headlines are just the latest manifestation of this :shrug:
Co-inciding with exponential advances in AI...

The future's bright? Oh wait that's not right...

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Am I missing something?
I haven't followed the story that closely so can't be bothered to argue with anyone, but the murky element is that PS knew the young man since he was 15 and got him a job at the studio so he's left himself open to accusations of grooming and abuse of power.

The situation is dodgy as f**k.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Personally, I’ve never watched a single minute of this programme.
I m either at work or got much better things to do with my time.

Which made me think, what are the actual viewing figures for This Morning?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I got a BBC 'breaking news' alert this morning about what Holly W had to say about the whole thing on today's show. And on more than one occasion, the latest development in the story has been the TOP STORY on the website.

What a time to be alive :wozza:
It's insane - and Holly's speech at the beginning of This Morning (I saw on the news for the record!) was pathetically ridiculous - she should be embarrassed. Its an absolute shitshow of a world we live in when a complete non-story like this has achieved so much attention and destroyed a man's life

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It's insane - and Holly's speech at the beginning of This Morning (I saw on the news for the record!) was pathetically ridiculous - she should be embarrassed. Its an absolute shitshow of a world we live in when a complete non-story like this has achieved so much attention and destroyed a man's life
That speech was clearly written by ITV PR, when the full story comes out expect quite a few senior ITV Executive, Vice-Presdents etc to fall on their sword as clearly several knew about this cover up.

Obviously Schofield was massive for TV viewer numbers which is all that counts for a while but eventually queue jumping to see the Queens coffin started to unravel this whole sorry episode.

I suspect Holly knew about this all along however looked the other way whilst the ratings are high and the pay is good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here