Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] On behalf of established senior presenters…..

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I haven't followed the story that closely so can't be bothered to argue with anyone, but the murky element is that PS knew the young man since he was 15 and got him a job at the studio so he's left himself open to accusations of grooming and abuse of power.

The situation is dodgy as f**k.
Righto :lolol:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
That speech was clearly written by ITV PR, when the full story comes out expect quite a few senior ITV Executive, Vice-Presdents etc to fall on their sword as clearly several knew about this cover up.

Obviously Schofield was massive for TV viewer numbers which is all that counts for a while but eventually queue jumping to see the Queens coffin started to unravel this whole sorry episode.

I suspect Holly knew about this all along however looked the other way whilst the ratings are high and the pay is good.
I'm going to surmise that the speech was written with the normal viewers of This Morning in mind, not the extras that were just being inquisitive because of the last couple of weeks (me included!),

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I didn´t and don´t watch the show but I did read this from Jeremy Clarkson which was an interesting viewpoint.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Ok I've changed my mind about arguing, having gone back through the thread.

Quite a few people can't be bothered to spend 5 minutes finding out why there's some concern about PS's behaviour, but that's fine because we can all have some jolly japes about the evil right wing.

Man in his late 50s, in a position of power, knows a child since they were 15, gets them a job and then starts a sexual relationship with them. If anyone can't see a problem with that situation they're sick in the head.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Unless it's revealed and proven that he has somehow abused, coerced etc this young man it's an absolute disgrace.
It's basically the media using a moral judgement (gay man has affair with younger man) to create outrage and it's bullying and utterly distasteful.
I find this whole Philip Schofield story astonishing. I have no idea how this is "national news". I've never been a fan of his, but this strikes me as flat out bullying by the press. Isn't their treatment of him exactly the sort of thing that happened to Caroline Flack, and people were outraged by in the aftermath of her suicide?

You can’t say it’s (Schofield) not news, nobody else’s business, he’s done nothing wrong…

You can say:
- he’s NOT done anything illegal
- a tremendous number of the public have expressed such vitriol towards him, you’ve got to wonder if they’re right in the head given it doesn’t affect them
-and some of his fellow pro’s really ought to be ashamed of themselves putting the boot in, Holmes chief amongst them

When you consider it’s a show with an average of 750k viewers, and what former PMs in recent years have done…Time to move on really isn’t it?

It's insane - and Holly's speech at the beginning of This Morning (I saw on the news for the record!) was pathetically ridiculous - she should be embarrassed. Its an absolute shitshow of a world we live in when a complete non-story like this has achieved so much attention and destroyed a man's life
Sick c**nts, you disgust me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here