Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On a positive note after today's results

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Checking the Brighton website there's just a handful of tickets left.It's going to be heaving.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
One game at a time, sweet Jesus

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm looking forward to Preston v Burnley on Sky Friday night - will look forward to it even more if we win on Tuesday!

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Some very sensible caution on this thread; however you look forward, fact is that we are two behind Burnley and four behind Boro with four to play, and we have a GD of -8 on each. It looks challenging to overtake one of them.

BUT.... there is much in momentum, and, crazy though it might seem, I just think the momentum is our way presently. Five wins out of six, fourteen goals from seven different scorers, and just one goal conceded from open play (in fact one goal conceded from open play in last 960 minutes of normal time (10 games plus last 60 mins at Cardiff). Skalak has added a dimension so that dead ball situations are now a threat. All the bases seem covered.

Boro have an even better record in last 6 but have to play Burnley and us; Burnley have looked to be hanging on to their unbeaten record. I actually think Albion are the most likely of the three to win all of their last four games, which sort of says they are playing with the highest degree of confidence.

I accept that anything might happen - a funny few minutes on Tuesday might scupper us - but there is only so far that hard headed analysis can go; at times you just have to believe, and right now, I believe.

el punal

Although they are above us, if ever so slightly, I do feel that the pressure is more on Boro and Burnley to succeed. Boro have spent oodles to go up and have the curse of failing in last year's play-off final around their neck. Burnley, having been relegated, need to do the "bounce back straightaway" routine or they could end up like Bolton or Wigan of previous seasons.

As for us, the rank outsiders at the start, predicted to be relegated in some quarters, the "they'll fade away"away merchants - well, we're still here. We won't go away. So whatever happens from now on in it's been an incredible season. Should we not be able to gain a top two spot, it won't be for lack of trying. We then will have the consolation of the play-offs to go for.
Now that's something no-one would have predicted last August.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Let's look at this in a slightly different way, Boro and Burnley will be looking at our results and saying "when are Brighton going to drop points" both teams know that if we win our games then we will finish above at least one of them, and they know they have to play each other and Boro know we have to play them, so they will be worried with the form we are in at the moment... Every story has two sides, doesn't it?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
We want boro to beat burnley Tuesday and hope they have nothing to play for come the last game .

Agreed - also it would stop Burnley taking our unbeaten run record off us.
Am I right in thinking that if Burnley go unbeaten for their 4 remaining games they will take that record from us [as well as our auto-promotion spot too]

Cheggers

Jul 28, 2011
Bang! And the dirt is gone.
I have recently noticed that Cadbury's Cream Eggs are now smaller than they once were. However, my Gran says that now I am old enough to get a job, I can buy as many Cream eggs as I like. I'm taking a balanced perspective.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here