Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On a day just like this (v Burnley)

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
It was a bitter cold day in February ( I think) & promotion chasing Albion played Burnley at the Goldstone and the pre-match entertainment was SLADE in front of the North Stand filming a video for "Give us a goal!"

I know it's been linked on here before but would love to see it again and wouldn't it be great to see it on the big Amex screens today!

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Yes I remember that, forgotten all about it, thanks for the reminder. They thought we would be a noisy crowd to use as a backing sound.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Wouldn't it great if they started showing a vintage clip related to the day's match on those screens before each game?

On a side-note, did we even have a scoreboard in the Goldstone days? My memory is a bit hazy...

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I don't think we did and, if we did get one it would only show the score which anyone watching should know anyway.

We did have the traditional A, B, C....along the pitch and this was for half time scores. The matches would be listed in the programme and number boards by each letter would be put up when HT scores were known.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here