Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Omar Colley

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
So what you're saying is ignore all the other players that could improve our squad (like Mwepu) until we sign a striker THEN go after everyone else and hope they're still available? I don't think that's how football clubs work...

It is logical to address the most ****ing obvious team gap (striker) as early as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
This is a guy that is strong, winning Ariel duels, he doesn't play out from the back and can't pass. Sampdoria fans would love to get rid of him. I would be shocked if we was in for him.

If that is the case, then makes zero sense in Potter world

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
It is logical to address the most ****ing obvious team gap (striker) as early as possible.

Our recruitment team isn't one bloke in an office smoking a fag and working through a phonebook of strikers you know. There's a whole squad of them working on any number of positions and players. Say we do get someone in but not until the last day of the transfer window? What then? Sign any old crap to fill the rest of the gaps in the squad? That's insanity.

Everyone knows it's a gap for us, including our recruitment team. It's not as simple as emailing Chelsea and saying "hi guys, if we give you £35m, can we get Abraham from you?". Finding a striker is hard because if they're good, a) the selling club will have something to say about it and b) there will be competition for their signature. Also, as soon as there's interest the agents start firing out drama to drive up the interest in their client (similar to Gonzalez and Fiorentina).

Of course, prioritize signing a striker, but we can't just ignore the other 10 positions whilst that gets sorted.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Well I stand corrected if those 7 think he is good, but you know Potter and what he wants more than the rest of us. Does this player sound like what Potter likes.i give that he offers something different to what we have, but unless he wants to go with something different to two last season's I don't see how he fits in.

Nope. I seriously doubt there's any interest from Brighton.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Our recruitment team isn't one bloke in an office smoking a fag and working through a phonebook of strikers you know. There's a whole squad of them working on any number of positions and players. Say we do get someone in but not until the last day of the transfer window? What then? Sign any old crap to fill the rest of the gaps in the squad? That's insanity.

Everyone knows it's a gap for us, including our recruitment team. It's not as simple as emailing Chelsea and saying "hi guys, if we give you £35m, can we get Abraham from you?". Finding a striker is hard because if they're good, a) the selling club will have something to say about it and b) there will be competition for their signature. Also, as soon as there's interest the agents start firing out drama to drive up the interest in their client (similar to Gonzalez and Fiorentina).

Of course, prioritize signing a striker, but we can't just ignore the other 10 positions whilst that gets sorted.

Imho there is one other, and second, priority. LB/LWB. So the recruitment army can so 2 things at once, Shirley!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here