Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Those Karate Kata Kids are paranoid.

There’s no one there.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I've been getting up at 7:30 to watch the cycling every day; just found out it starts at 2AM tomorrow. Cannot decide whether to stay up late, get up early or give it a miss.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I've been getting up at 7:30 to watch the cycling every day; just found out it starts at 2AM tomorrow. Cannot decide whether to stay up late, get up early or give it a miss.

I was disappointed when they said it was on at 2am tomorrow as I don't start work until 6am and I'm not getting up that early for it.

Now someone has gone sick at work so I'm starting at 2am, I'd rather miss the cycling to be honest.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
perv corner. The artistic swimming was crotch heaven :) deserved win for the Russian team

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Kipchoge - what a machine!

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
What a last day of the Olympics.

Kipchoge covered the stretch between 30K and 35K in 14:28, 30 seconds faster than any previous 5K split!

Jason Kenny deciding to go for home right from the start in the Keirin and destroying the field. Fortune favours the brave.

Lauren Price taking gold in the Middleweight Boxing. 6 GB medalists (2G, 2S, 2B) from 11 fighters is an excellent return.

For GB, 22 Golds, 21 Silver, 22 Bronze - equal to the London medal count.

It's been a lovely sporting holiday.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
5 more golds than Australia and 19 more medals in total.

7 more medals than host nation Japan.

2 more golds than Russia.

It's been good.

Now that the USA have 1 more gold than China, one wonders if their preferred choice of medal table will revert back to the traditional form... :wink:

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
5 more golds than Australia and 19 more medals in total.

7 more medals than host nation Japan.

2 more golds than Russia.

It's been good.

Now that the USA have 1 more gold than China, one wonders if their preferred choice of medal table will revert back to the traditional form... :wink:

:lolol: They wouldn't do that......would they?

But yes, fabulous to get those final two Golds and finish where we are. After an initial feeling of 'meh', right at the start, I thoroughly got into those Games and enjoyed nearly every moment of it.

Roll on Paris.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Probably a bit ignorant but the track cycling looks so easy.

Jason Kenny in the Keirin just seemed to wizz round on his bike at his own leisure unchallenged

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Well done team GB, particularly the modern pentathlon pair, 5 very different disciplines.

However, can someone please enlighten me how a bunch of girls (and/or non binary competitors) throwing hoops and batons at each other is considered an Olympic sport but squash isn't?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Squash is a genuine mystery.
I have zero interest but it seems to be far more suitable than 75% of sports that ARE in the olympics.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Probably a bit ignorant but the track cycling looks so easy.

Jason Kenny in the Keirin just seemed to wizz round on his bike at his own leisure unchallenged

Yeah, piece of piss. I might go in for it in three years. Just need to buy a bike...

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
But yes, fabulous to get those final two Golds and finish where we are. After an initial feeling of 'meh', right at the start, I thoroughly got into those Games and enjoyed nearly every moment of it.

Roll on Paris.

Yes indeed.

The Olympics helps to remind us that sport isn't all about £100m players going from one club to another.

It's about people following their passions and making huge sacrifices during their lives for the chance of something that's bigger than money.

Only 3 years until Paris now.

I can't wait. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here