Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Olympics viewing strategy

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
It is a completely pointless event and massivley frustrating to watch as I just want them to break into a run. It's like a grand prix where you're not allowed to get out of first gear. One lap round the 400m track and then **** off back to the village would be okay. But 50km?!

If there was a gold medal for the person who can trundle round the suburbs of Sapporo looking most like a tourist in desparate need of a shit, this would be it.

I believe this is the last time it will be an event at the Games.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The men's 50km walking race was hilarious. Not only is the technique extremely camp but one bloke even had a water bottle in what can only be described as a handbag.

I particularly enjoyed the Japanese votiming on himself, collapsing on al fours on the kerb pounding the ground in frustration, then suddenly getting back up and almost taking out the Aussie.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Good performance from the GB women to secure the Bronze in the field hockey. Looked as though they were imploding at the end of the first half, giving up three goals having led 2-0, but they came back strongly in the second half.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Laura Kenny & Katy Archibald bringing home the Madison gold medal in the Velodrome. Laura is the most decorated woman in British Olympics.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Kenny Household has 14 Olympic medals, 11 of them gold.

That's more golds than India (pop. 1.395 billion) have won in their entire Summer and Winter Olympic history (9).

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Been enjoying the climbing. Changed a fair bit since my days of climbing. Dyno moves were only just coming in back in the 90’s. Great to watch.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
After a slow start, the GB track cycling's finishing fast with the ever-reliable Kennys.

Very happy to see Lauren Price make it through to the Middleweight Final. A tough fight, especially with a point deducted.

Hopefully more medal success on the track today with the relays and Laura Muir in the 1500m.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The pretend karate makes me laugh

Fiskmås

Jan 2, 2020
If you've got time to spare, you might want to take a look at Mitoma (the Japanese winger we're linked with). He just came on in the bronze match against Mexico with half an hour to go. Japan is down by 3-0, but are honestly playing some lovely football.

He's no 11, btw, playing on the left flank.

EDIT: And just like that, he scores a stunner :) 3-1. Seriously, turn the telly on.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Marvellous scenes in the Modern Pentathlon as the German favourite's horse has a meltdown, fences all over the ground, tears streaming down the girls's face, refusal after refusal, gold medal disappeared. Schadenfreude at its finest.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That last showjumping round of the modern pentathlon was pretty brutal to watch.

It's not often I'll feel sympathy for a German.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Marvellous scenes in the Modern Pentathlon as the German favourite's horse has a meltdown, fences all over the ground, tears streaming down the girls's face, refusal after refusal, gold medal disappeared. Schadenfreude at its finest.

She shouldn’t have taken it out on the horse. She was whipping like mad.

No wonder it said **** you.

Nice hat on the horse though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here