[Other Sport] Olympics viewing strategy

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Isn't she?
But what about all those young skaters? All embracing after their rounds, and when that Japanese skater fell on her 3rd run meaning she'd miss out on a medal, all her competitors ran over to her and lifted her up on their shoulders. :cry:

It is brilliant isn’t it. Happy for success of others and care about each other. Piers Morgan will be along soon to say that is why they are all losers.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It is brilliant isn’t it. Happy for success of others and care about each other. Piers Morgan will be along soon to say that is why they are all losers.

Totally contradicting himself…….coming 3rd is now ‘brilliant’

What a spanner.

[tweet]1422791181545652225[/tweet]

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Yeah, just seem to be a bunch of genuine friends happy for each other. So wholesome.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
But she lost to a 12-year-old ffs. Sky Out!

Pretty sure that yesterday he criticised our silver medalist for losing to someone the same age. I wonder when it becomes unacceptable to lose to someone and age becomes irrelevant. Poor bloke ties himself in knots just to try and appear hard and cool.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Take that shouty Danish prick-man.

I just had this exact exchange with my mates on WhatsApp. I hope the cameraman he pushed away yesterday tracks him down in tears. I still can’t believe he stood over our bloke shouting at him for doing nothing wrong.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Totally contradicting himself…….coming 3rd is now ‘brilliant’

What a spanner.

[tweet]1422791181545652225[/tweet]

Pretty sure that yesterday he criticised our silver medalist for losing to someone the same age. I wonder when it becomes unacceptable to lose to someone and age becomes irrelevant. Poor bloke ties himself in knots just to try and appear hard and cool.

Like most of the ‘hate’ people, he thrives on attention. He doesn’t care if it’s bad or good publicity.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Another gold for GB in Sailing and top of the Sailing medal count with 5 medals (3 gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze).

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I see the attention-seeking tosspot is at it again, this time belittling Keely H after her silver in the 800m. Beautifully, and with complete class, she’s replied pointing out he got her name wrong.

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/1422541589432438784?s=21

He's trying desperately to remain relevant and popular, but since he jacked in GMB, his main outlet seems to be Twitter (I think his Daily Mail column is only once a week or maybe twice?). Which is actually pretty sad for a former national newspaper editor. Mind you Kelvin McKenzie seems to be exactly the same.

He's just a troll, pure and simple. People seem to lap it up, too so – sadly – he's doing well.

The other thing about him is that he claimed that 'no-one' was interested in the Olympics. Only he won't cocking shut up about them himself :lolol:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Please let's try and keep posts on this thread on the Olympics themselves rather than the views of a self-promoting professional polemist.

As Simster wrote yesterday:

"Hours of astounding world class sport and just as you think you could do with a change, along comes another sport. And then there's the back stories, and the emotion and drama in winning and losing. It's just an amazing spectacle."

That's much more worthy of our attention.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Away from the great success by Peaty, Scott et al in the pool, it's been great to see a lot of less-recognized sports bring home the medals.

Sailing - top of the medals table, 3 golds.
Taekwondo - 3 medals from 5 competitors.
Mountain Biking - 1 gold from 2 athletes.
Boxing - 4 medals so far from 11 competitors with Lauren Price guaranteed another one.
Triathlon - 3 medals from 3 events and relay gold.
Equestrian - team gold and individual medals
and, of course, BMX - 4 medals from all 4 competitors with 2 golds. Sensational.

Sky was fantastic under pressure in her last run. As others have said, the spirit and camaraderie of the skateboarders was great.

It was a breath of fresh positive air to counter-balance any adult cynicism and world-weariness of professional sport.

In the middle of the world's greatest sporting occasion, they just looked like kids having fun.

Last edited:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Sky was fantastic under pressure in her last run. As others have said, the spirit and camaraderie of the Skateboarders was great.

It was a breath of fresh positive air to counter-balance any adult cynicism and world-weariness of professional sport.

They just looked like kids having fun.

That was my favourite bit of the skateboarding. True olympic spirit where the taking part and celebrating the sport was paramount. It was joyous to watch.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What's astounding is our level of medal success relative to similar-sized nations of comparable financial means, the likes of Germany, France, Italy and Spain for example.

And, as others have said, the breadth of our competitiveness across such a wide-range of disparate disciplines.

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
What's astounding is our level of medal success relative to similar-sized nations of comparable financial means, the likes of Germany, France, Italy and Spain for example.

And, as others have said, the breadth of our competitiveness across such a wide-range of disparate disciplines.

Annoyingly just behind the Ozzies at the moment, I would love it ... love it, if finish above them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports