Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Olympics viewing strategy

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Tense play-off in the golf. Seven players tied in bronze position, included Casey but he loused up his drive. Five left now……..

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Interestingly we've won medals in more disciplines than any other nation. I wonder how long that will last?
Good to see. The BMX has been an absolute revelation.

I see that today Australia have had their most successful Olympic day ever which is obviously very disappointing. But the reason I say this is that in the BMX they got gold and that is their only non-water based gold of the Olympics, in contrast to TeamGB.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Tense play-off in the golf. Seven players tied in bronze position, included Casey but he loused up his drive. Five left now……..

Pan wins the play off for bronze. Even carrying some clubs in the end to lighten the load for his caddy, who happens to be his wife!

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Interestingly we've won medals in more disciplines than any other nation. I wonder how long that will last?

Considering the pelts thrust in the direction of Rowing, this Olympic cycle was the first under the guidance of Katherine Grainger (multi Olympic rowing medallist) who embraced a change of philosophy to help previously under funded sports and help increase their medal chances.

With respect to Tokyo it may not last, their are many sports especially the team ones where we need to make another mindset change, but they are sports with other more pressing priorities than a four yearly Olympic cycle.

As for my work I am now coming up with more ways to get these sports into the Beat The Medallist challenge times.

https://www.legacy300.com/post/for-those-who-have-been-saying-i-can-do-that

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Anyone else cheering on the ****-ups of those who went after our boy Max?

What a terrible thing to say.

Of course I was

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
2 golds for Italy in the space of 10 minutes with the High Jump and the blue riband Men's 100m.

Super Domenica.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Ben Whittaker looks classy, could make it as a pro

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
2 golds for Italy in the space of 10 minutes with the High Jump and the blue riband Men's 100m.

Super Domenica.

That Italian guy is 27 next month and had never even made the final of a major championships, neither had he run under 10 seconds until this season. That’s quite a rise to prominence and a hell of a margin to have taken off your PB in such a short time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here