Olympic Ticket Watch

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
I've got about £140 pending from my bank account mysteriously. My dear wife will have something to do with it,but not by that amount at all. Think theres approx a ton coming out on something? Checked last few months direct debits around this date,so really dunno what else it could be etc. Sure to be an anti-climax when I check account in the morning...

Nuts. Forgot about a standing order we set up for swimming fees,£90. There is no good time for me,in the foreseeable,for these tickets to come out :-/

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Not sure why people are getting so uppity about nothing being taken yet, having re-read the original email that I got when I applied, it said payments will be taken between 10th May and 10th June.

Sajerz

Feb 6, 2008
Leamington
Not uppity just excited / I think NSC has got a little race going on to see who gets money taken out first. Sad.. but thats NSC :D

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Not sure why people are getting so uppity about nothing being taken yet, having re-read the original email that I got when I applied, it said payments will be taken between 10th May and 10th June.

The law of averages dictates that somebody on nsc would know somebody who has had money taken

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
It seems bizarre that it doesn't say which tickets you have 'won' in your account.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Just received this email:

Dear Aaron,

Important London 2012 Olympic Games ticket application information

Thank you for applying for London 2012 Olympic tickets. As you will be aware, we have started to allocate tickets and are now taking payment from Visa credit and debit cards, as well as banking cheques and postal orders.

The vast majority of payments will be taken by next week (31 May), with the entire process completed by 10 June.

We will contact you before 24 June to let you know if you have been successful and, if so, which tickets you have been allocated.

Second chance sales
There will be another chance to apply for tickets – we are calling this ‘second chance sales’.

If you have not been allocated any tickets in the initial process, you will have the first chance to apply for tickets. This will be followed by a further chance for those who were allocated some or all of their ticket requests.

Second chance sales will include tickets for lots of great sport including Basketball, Beach Volleyball, Boxing, Canoe Sprint, Cycling (Women’s Mountain Bike), Football, Handball, Hockey, Taekwondo, Volleyball, Weightlifting and Wrestling. So there are plenty of other chances to be part of the greatest show on earth.

Card payments
Visa payments will only be taken for successful applications. If your card has been lost or stolen or there are any issues with collection of payment, we will contact you by 10 June 2011 to arrange an alternative Visa payment.

Cheque and postal order payments
If you are allocated any or all of the tickets you applied for and paid by cheque or postal orders, the full amount of your application will be banked. Applicants due refunds of more than £1,000 will receive their payment via bank transfer by 10 June 2011. Refunds due for all other amounts will be processed within five working days of funds clearing.

If you are not allocated any tickets your cheque will be securely destroyed. If you paid by postal order, the full payment will be deposited and you will receive a letter explaining the refund collection process.

Be aware
During this time, please beware of bogus or unauthorised ticket websites claiming to be associated with the 2012 Games. London 2012 will never contact you directly to ask for personal or financial details in relation to your ticketing account, or ask you to reveal your ticketing account password.

If you receive an email, letter or telephone call asking for such information, please report it to us. For further information on avoiding scams, please visit the Stay safe online page of our website.

Best wishes,
The London 2012 Ticketing team

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Bit odd that they'll take the money before the end of May, but only let you know if you were successful by 24 June. ???

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Bad news..........didn't get the 100 meters final, but did get 10 tickets for West Ham v Doncaster :D

Why does everyone say Doncaster when using this joke? Must have seen it on NSC at least 5 times now!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No money gone yet today but still early doors. However, they have kindly sent me an email telling me that if I don't get tickets then there will be a second chance issue. Judging by the list of sports I suspect they are the ones undersubscribed!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports