Olympic Ticket Watch

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I don't want to start a punfest - but have any thought of giving the Olympic Ticket Team a RING
(as in Olympic rings)

People could always start a bit of light jogging and work their way up to super-athletic fitness in time to qualify for the 100 metres. That way you can get into the Games for NOTHING.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I asked my other half if there was any sport which I could start practising at now and be good enough to compete in the games under next year.

Her response: "yes - weightlifting - as one of the weights."

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Nothing so far - applied for various tickets in athletics, swimming and cycling so expect all these to got to the lucky dip draw!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I don't want to start a punfest - but have any thought of giving the Olympic Ticket Team a RING
(as in Olympic rings)

Thanks for the explanation. Solid GOLD, that. (As in gold medal)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Puns tend to fall at the first hurdle (as in hurdle) when you have to put (as in shot put) the explanation in brackets (as in brackets)...

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Surely if you applied, you used your credit card. We did.

So surely we only see the stuff debited when we get our monthly statement?

Are all these people really checking their credit card accounts daily?

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore

Surely..... Except if you don't have a credit card. So you have to leave the right amount of money in there, just in case...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Mine is from my bank account, my wife's is from her credit card, we are both checking daily. It is the
21st century you know.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Mine is from my bank account, my wife's is from her credit card, we are both checking daily. It is the
21st century you know.

it's piss easy (as in paula radcliffe) to track progress daley (as in thompson)

:jester:

still nothing.

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
bugger all (so far hopefully)

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I've almost got to the point now where the excitement has died down, and I don't want to be awarded any!
The thought of a lot of money coming out of my account for something I'll get in a year is probably why.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Would it have been beyond the wit of LOCOG and all their idiot sponsors to do the following on these tickets.

1) Work through the existing Olympics timetable session by session.

Day I of the Ticket Draw would be about the Opening ceremony.
Day 2 of the Ticket Draw would be about the ecvents of Day One of the Olympics

So at least you know if you applied for tickets that day that if money was drawn out, you might have got them!

BTW No money from my account as well

AND if any of you guys are interested in the Olympics and work for any largeish company, please could you be kind enough to point them in the direction of Party for the Podium - Party For The Podium and get some Athletes to any client, corporate or public events they are attending!

Many thanks, as I'd like to keep my job!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Would it have been beyond the wit of LOCOG and all their idiot sponsors to do the following on these tickets.

1) Work through the existing Olympics timetable session by session.

Day I of the Ticket Draw would be about the Opening ceremony.
Day 2 of the Ticket Draw would be about the ecvents of Day One of the Olympics

So at least you know if you applied for tickets that day that if money was drawn out, you might have got them!

BTW No money from my account as well

AND if any of you guys are interested in the Olympics and work for any largeish company, please could you be kind enough to point them in the direction of Party for the Podium - Party For The Podium and get some Athletes to any client, corporate or public events they are attending!

Many thanks, as I'd like to keep my job!

I'd have made it easier. If they have allocated you tickets, then send an email advising that the money comes out the following day. They have all the information on their file and that system is not beyond the capabilities of the IT boffins. Also, why didn't they let you rank events so that you could apply for as many as you wanted but once you are allocated some, you go to the bottom of the priority list for the next event you applied for and/or ranked. That way more people would stand a chance. As it is, someone could have applied for £36,000 of tickets (as per Radio 5Live yesterday) and get the lot where as someone who only applied for three lots cause they couldn't risk the cost of being awarded more could get none.

By the way, my account remains unaffected by 2012!!!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
There was a mini-crisis on the 16th, when I realised (due to an emergency laptop purchase) there weren't enough funds on my credit card. Would have been a bad way to miss out. But after two hours to a foreign call centre and failing security several times because I couldn't remember what my favourite place was or something equally pathetic, funds were transferred. However, that was the end of the excitement because bugger all has happened since.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports