Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Makes you bloody proud to be a Brit........brilliant...night night

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
That was huge fun. Superb ending from the Who showing everybody how to rock. Even the bits to moan at were enjoyable in retrospect. Felt much better having shouted at my TV for Russell Brand to F off and giving him the uplifted finger. When's the London 2012 DVD box set coming out?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thr Who, ohh yes!!

Daltry is still an outstanding frontman.

Daltrey best of the oldies.

Well done to the man from Wadhurst

At last a real act that can still sing, even if two of them are looking down from above

Shouldn't have bothered with The Who, however brilliant a band they have been. As pointless as McCartney at the end of the other do. Should have put the flame out after Take That.

I enjoyed that. Would have been a bit more appropriate to concentrate on the young rather than all the old codgers though.

Yes, agreed. Silly old fool, singing 'My Generation' without a hint of irony. No, Roger, it really isn't. Your generation's moment was 20 years ago.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I thought the music was awful. Pink Floyd sung by an idiot, half of Oasis present, Jessie J singing Queen...
I was insulted.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
And then only two years until Glasgow's turn

The first time an Athletes village has had a menu in its restaurant that has contained deep fried Mars bars washed down with a bottle of Buckfast.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Shouldn't have bothered with The Who, however brilliant a band they have been. As pointless as McCartney at the end of the other do. Should have put the flame out after Take That.

Yes, agreed. Silly old fool, singing 'My Generation' without a hint of irony. No, Roger, it really isn't. Your generation's moment was 20 years ago.

40 years ago to be honest but if you are a fan of boy bands then you do have a point.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

20 years ago? Werent the who a 60s/70s thing? Showing your age....

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
Tonight was unfortunately what happens when the director is not inspired, unlike Danny Boyle with the Opening Ceremony. The first disappointing thing of the whole games, but you can't have everything...

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm depressed already

I hear what you are saying but...........

Man up! There is a football season starting next week. A team on the south coast is going for a place in the promised land. (and they are not in Hants, Dorset or Devon).

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought the music was awful. Pink Floyd sung by an idiot, half of Oasis present, Jessie J singing Queen...
I was insulted.

If I were you, I would ask for my money back. It's only fair.

Let us know how you get on!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Missed an opportunity to play a whole Queen track with Freddy Mercury and the band playing we are the champions. To so brilliantly bring Freddy back from the dead on that video, then replace him with Jessie bloody J was criminal. They could have done something
Like the Elvis Lives gigs. Missed a real trick.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Missed an opportunity to play a whole Queen track with Freddy Mercury and the band playing we are the champions. To so brilliantly bring Freddy back from the dead on that video, then replace him with Jessie bloody J was criminal. They could have done something
Like the Elvis Lives gigs. Missed a real trick.

Think your right ....that was the big minus of the night . They had Freddie there .....should have just carried on with him . Even dead....he had the crowd in his hands.. how amazing is that !!! Yep, they did miss a huge trick !

EricYoung59

Jul 8, 2012
Great night, proud to be British ..... Although wouldn't want to visit Ray Davies hairdresser by mistake ..... What a barnet...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here