Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oliver Reed interview

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
The Dive at the end made me laugh ha ha ha ha i miss Oliver Reed what a legend !!!!

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Read a book called Hellraisers about a few of the old school actors, Oliver being one. Some of the tings he was reported to have got up to are ridiculous. How he survived as long as he did is in itself a miracle!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I remember a classic story of OR's, during his days with Keef Moon.

They both knew they had to cut down on the booze, but couldn't do it together.
So sat either end of a long table, they strapped a bottle of vodka to a tortoise.

One would pour himself a drink, put the vodka on the tortoise, turn it around, and send it back to the other.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I remember a classic story of OR's, during his days with Keef Moon.

They both knew they had to cut down on the booze, but couldn't do it together.
So sat either end of a long table, they strapped a bottle of vodka to a tortoise.

One would pour himself a drink, put the vodka on the tortoise, turn it around, and send it back to the other.

I'm surprised they didn't get bored of waiting, and decide to slip the tortoise some speed or something!!

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I remember reading somewhere about Ollie and Alex Higgins going out for a piss up and it lasted for 3 days. Phew!

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I was in Guernsey at the time. Reed played (sometimes) for a cricket club I skippered. Although he could be charming, if you caught him at exactly the right part of his drink cycle, he was for the most part a drunken boor. I remember him pinning the 75 year old president of our social club up against the wall and having to be dragged off.

More importantly that interview was conducted by Roger Bowns, a gentleman and Channel Islands broadcasting legend.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I was in Guernsey at the time. Reed played (sometimes) for a cricket club I skippered. Although he could be charming, if you caught him at exactly the right part of his drink cycle, he was for the most part a drunken boor. I remember him pinning the 75 year old president of our social club up against the wall and having to be dragged off.

More importantly that interview was conducted by Roger Bowns, a gentleman and Channel Islands broadcasting legend.

Did he play while drunk?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What a legend that guy was. I'm inspired to get the biography on Kindle now.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I remember reading somewhere about Ollie and Alex Higgins going out for a piss up and it lasted for 3 days. Phew!

I performed a play called Hurricane about the live of A.Higgins and decided to do a bit of research, Ollie was a good mate of his and they spend all their times drunk I remember one line being "four hours and forty cans of lager later....we were f####" always makes me giggle for some reason

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I performed a play called Hurricane about the live of A.Higgins and decided to do a bit of research, Ollie was a good mate of his and they spend all their times drunk I remember one line being "four hours and forty cans of lager later....we were f####" always makes me giggle for some reason

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Damn works computer I cant see it, thanks anyway Doc, Im guessing it was a clip of Richard Dromer?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here