Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oliver Norwood

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
But I haven't got a downer on him. As I've said on this thread - I think he's a good addition to the squad.

Others seem less than impressed with him generally whilst I was only making an observation about two free-kicks.

Fair enough, I personally think he needs to be cut some slack. He has hardly played and Sidwell and Stephens were both less than impressive when they came back into the team after time out. Any player needs time to settle, remember the ridiculous shit Duffy got, from I reckon the majortity of NSC, because he didn't set the world alight immerdiately.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The first free kick was definitely a lot closer to Duffy's head than three inches. It was more like 1cm above his head. If he hadn't cut his hair, he would've connected with it.
I sit in the north stand and was in line with it.
Yes I agree, I just didn't want to be accused of hyperbole, as 1cm makes even more of a mockery of all the posters complaining.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It's becoming a bit comical. Does anyone really believe they can tell the difference between 1cm and 7.5cm from Duffy's head when sitting in the stand and in real time. Even more so when the poster claimed to also be in line with the free kick. If that was the case, exactly how can you tell how high above Duffy's head it was at that particularly point of it's flight path. You would need to be sideways on to the free kick to be able to tell!!! That said no doubt someone who recorded the game can freeze frame it to put us out of our misery.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It's becoming a bit comical. Does anyone really believe they can tell the difference between 1cm and 7.5cm from Duffy's head when sitting in the stand and in real time. Even more so when the poster claimed to also be in line with the free kick. If that was the case, exactly how can you tell how high above Duffy's head it was at that particularly point of it's flight path. You would need to be sideways on to the free kick to be able to tell!!! That said no doubt someone who recorded the game can freeze frame it to put us out of our misery.

There can be a lot of difference between a TV pictures and seeing it live in the lower tiers. Generally a ball that looks close on TV looks further away in real live action. Normal effects of a telephoto lens.

araucaria

Dec 14, 2016
He wasn't in the PFA one, which is the TOTS. He was in the one based on stats. Both are valid IMO. Sometimes pure stats are misleading, sometimes removing opinion and emotion is illuminating - for example almost all Albion fans last year were of the opinion that Kayal > Stephens. The stats said the opposite.

By the way, we scored from TWO Norwood set-piece deliveries last night :thumbsup:

Huddersfield Town supporter here, Exile. Enjoyed your report on the Leeds match, but haven't stopped laughing yet at your placing of Ollie in the team of the season last year. I see from the above that you meant his mum's team, but you really ought to have clarified it in your report. Initially I thought that you had mixed him up with Adam Clayton, who was in that team and who is worth maybe ten of Ollie.

Anyway, well done to the Albion in chewing up this division. We had nobbygull on our forum earlier in the season: you hadn't started at all well and he was a touch anxious about our visit there. Had we thought to bring a goalkeeper we might well have left with something. We took a leaf out of your book in winning at Burton last night pretty much as you did this season: now we just need to emulate one of your long unbeaten runs.

Good luck for the rest of the season: you are guaranteed a win on Sky at our place (the design of which may look familiar to you). Just don't let Ollie play too often. You might be good enough to carry him but better not to risk it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here