Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oliver Norwood Signs!

Blue_Boy

Apr 26, 2016
North Of The Wall
Before anyone mentions Stephens leaving. Look carefully at Hughton's quotes: "extra options" and "further depth". That - to me - indicates that no one is leaving

That would comfort me more if we got him to sit down with BK & got both to sign extended contracts. Till then as each day goes by there'll be uncertainty. Our most important signings this window would be securing our central midfield pairing - surely the best in the Championship - and not letting the clock tick down as they get nearer to being out of contract

I don't feel assured by interpretations of what CH said. Other Clubs have shown interest in signing both & knowing they only have 10 months till they'd be free agents will attract unwanted attention till we put that right.

It's as if both are saying come & get me & with no apparent moves from the Club to reassure us it worries me. I might be totally wrong about their intention to stay with us & hope I am. Please get them signed for several more years as they are our heartbeat in midfield

Welcome to Brighton Oliver! You'll enjoy it here as we play good football. My observations are that he's a quick pass & move kind of player who covers some ground. He's not shy of putting a foot in & is a threat from set pieces. I think he adds a lot of energy & purpose to the team/squad. A signing who improves us in strength & drive for promotion

Shame on you posters who instead of welcoming a good signing who eagerly wanted to join us chose to moan about him being a poor second choice to a player who broke a verbal agreement for his 30 pieces of silver

I hope you wobble your heads & realise this lad has plenty to offer & is a Brighton player now....I thought we got behind our players. He deserves a better welcome so show it him on the pitch please

Last edited:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
That would comfort me more if we got him to sit down with BK & got both to sign extended contracts. Till then as each day goes by there'll be uncertainty. Our most important signings this window would be securing our central midfield pairing - surely the best in the Championship - and not letting the clock tick down as they get nearer to being out of contract

The chances of this happening are remote.

I'd be happy with both respecting the club's desire not to sell them and not chucking their toys out of the pram a la Bridcutt. They knuckle down, give us a good year and que sera, sera

We HAVE to be contingency planning for life without them in the short to medium term though.

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Exactly. We signed Stephens in very similar circumstances... 25 years-old, similar fee (according to reports), and from a club that underperforms. If he made it into a TOTS for Reading then it excites me to think of what he can do for us.

So many similarities between Messrs. Stephens and Norwood, they even look alike.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
DS and BK would be crazy to sign our offers until the final minute of the transfer window. What if some massive offer comes in. Fingers crossed they both will end up staying and then this is an incredible midfield with Ollie added

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Welcome Oliver. You've joined a great club at a good time.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
He's just retweeted this:

Oliver Norwood Retweeted
Championship Stats ‏@Champstat 19h19 hours ago
Norwood completed more key passes (95) than any player in the league last season.

More than Stephens (48) & Kayal (43) combined.

#BHAFC

Not sure why'd you do that, its like he's actively trying to piss off Beram and Dale...Impressive stat but hope he doesn't push one or both of them to want to leave.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
He's just retweeted this:

Oliver Norwood Retweeted
Championship Stats ‏@Champstat 19h19 hours ago
Norwood completed more key passes (95) than any player in the league last season.

More than Stephens (48) & Kayal (43) combined.

#BHAFC

Not sure why'd you do that, its like he's actively trying to piss off Beram and Dale...Impressive stat but hope he doesn't push one or both of them to want to leave.

Its a fan page

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here