Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oliver Burke

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
12 million euros , 5 year deal apparently.

Odd move. Saw on Twitter a few days ago that Bayern MUNCHEN were interested .

Thought it was a hoax when I first read he's gone to Leipzig

Sent by 2 old baked bean cans and a piece of string

Some Forest fans seem to think owner Fawaz is asset stripping. Worth a cheeky bid for Assombalonga me thinks.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Given that Forest have nutured him from a young age, and the lad has been pivotal in their free-scoring start to the season, I'd imagine Forest fans are seriously LIVID :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Brave move. Good luck to him.
Great to see.

We might not be so bloody shitehouse at international level, if our stars actually learned their trade across the continent.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
He's a Scot.

d594fbd4af03f8b7515f1e11fb8ef8b1.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Great to see.

We might not be so bloody shitehouse at international level, if our stars actually learned their trade across the continent.

Agreed. I suspect there's probably a lot to do with money in this move, as it sounds like RB Leipzig are going all in thanks to the money from their sponsors. That said, it could be fantastic for his development (as a person as well as a footballer) to experience a different culture, language and game. Slight pity that he's Scottish, as he's looked rather good when I've seen him.

I wish him well. Which I'm sure he'll be delighted to hear :lol:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Agreed. I suspect there's probably a lot to do with money in this move, as it sounds like RB Leipzig are going all in thanks to the money from their sponsors. That said, it could be fantastic for his development (as a person as well as a footballer) to experience a different culture, language and game. Slight pity that he's Scottish, as he's looked rather good when I've seen him.

I wish him well. Which I'm sure he'll be delighted to hear :lol:

Agreed - guy has a great future ahead of him. Wish more British players would take a risk and play abroad.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
In 50 years of watching the Albion I have only see two players I thought sign him quick before somebody else does that.

One was Gary Williams (Preston NE) and the other Oliver Burke.

Even with a sure fire star there is always a risk that injury could disrupt his career. Could have been a scoop signing like Lawrenson and he equivalent transfer fee was about he same.

I think we could use a speed merchant (not made of glass, stronger like Burke). Can stretch the opposing defences in game like Newcastle, when the opposition has strong starts.

Newcastle game for them was like our start against Wednesday, when we got burned out a bit in the second half. If we had fluked an equaliser up there it could have been a 1-1 (majority prediction).

Well that's number one on my wish list gone already. Number two Lookman is not nearly so promising.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here