Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ole Gunnar Solskjær

D

Deleted member 18477

One of the moments that made him such as legend to United fans was him sprinting the length of the pitch to trip Rob Lee who was through on goal with the game at 1-1. United couldn't afford to lose, so he sacrificed himself.

[yt]xkAz5CT6apM[/yt]

Superb. I would have done exactly the same thing.

Ole Gunnar was a decent player. Mental to take the cardiff job but money talks to fair enough.

D

Deleted member 18477

Yes, I clearly remember this happening. straight red for a tackle like that is not enough, but it summed up United's " win at all costs" mentality.

So if that was the last minute of a playoff final that we were winning 1-0 and one of Brighton's players was running back in similar fashion you wouldn't want them to do the same?

Football is all about winning.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So if that was the last minute of a playoff final that we were winning 1-0 and one of Brighton's players was running back in similar fashion you wouldn't want them to do the same?

Football is all about winning.

I would be ashamed if that happened to us. A tainted victory is not a victory.

D

Deleted member 18477

I would be ashamed if that happened to us. A tainted victory is not a victory.

I play as everyone else plays. To win. No one thinks of Ole Gunnar's foul when they think of all of Sir Alex's trophy achievements.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I play as everyone else plays. To win. No one thinks of Ole Gunnar's foul when they think of all of Sir Alex's trophy achievements.

But most think Man U are a bunch of ***** though. I'd rather win with class and honesty intact.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Well the person who posted the You Tube clip did, and It triggered my memory of many similar events. To their shame, Arsenal were guilty of the exact same situation in the FA Cup final against Southampton

Just as when Moyes claimed a couple of weeks ago that Januzaj " Isn't getting the protection from referee's he should and that he is being fouled too often. It reminded me of the time when United targeted Fabregas one game with lots of heavy unfair challenges, some from behind, which kicked him out of the match.

Yes, play to win but not at all costs as that only gains you a hollow victory, maybe you should read Vitaï Lampada ?

D

Deleted member 18477

But most think Man U are a bunch of ***** though. I'd rather win with class and honesty intact.

When I think of man Utd I think of the most successful team in English history. I think of winners and great players like best, cantona, Ronaldo....

I don't think of one little foul.

We only hate them because they're a great club... It's just sour grapes isn't it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
When I think of man Utd I think of the most successful team in English history. I think of winners and great players like best, cantona, Ronaldo....

We only hate them because they're a great club... It's just sour grapes isn't it.

I think of a purple-nosed moaner leading a bunch of whinge bags. They might be a successful English club but I do not place them up there with the greats of Europe or the world which generally reached their triumphs which much more grace.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Don't start going all Man Utd centric it's not just them, I'm sure you are well aware of the prefix often given when mentioning Leeds United ? Juxtapose that wtih all the excitement we had under Gus when he was at his best, wasn't it lovely to win more games than we lost AND play with flair ?

Last edited:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i think he is an fool to take that job, with chairman Tan, he looks a horrible human being

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Well the person who posted the You Tube clip did, and It triggered my memory of many similar events. To their shame, Arsenal were guilty of the exact same situation in the FA Cup final against Southampton

Just as when Moyes claimed a couple of weeks ago that Januzaj " Isn't getting the protection from referee's he should and that he is being fouled too often. It reminded me of the time when United targeted Fabregas one game with lots of heavy unfair challenges, some from behind, which kicked him out of the match.

Yes, play to win but not at all costs as that only gains you a hollow victory, maybe you should read Vitaï Lampada ?

I'm pretty sure it was against West Ham, one of the Allen clan got hauled down I do believe. Wasn't it one of the reasons they bought in a straight red for a professional foul? I don't think Arsenal played Saints in the cup final, didn't they beat Man Utd?

I might be wrong as my memory is a bit fuzzy.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm pretty sure it was against West Ham, one of the Allen clan got hauled down I do believe. Wasn't it one of the reasons they bought in a straight red for a professional foul?

I might be wrong as my memory is a bit fuzzy.

That may be another one but I recall Willie Young cynically scything some one down in the manner of OGS. I'm getting fuzzy too !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That may be another one but I recall Willie Young cynically scything some one down in the manner of OGS. I'm getting fuzzy too !

It was Willie Young.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
It was Willie Young.

Had to check. It was Willy Young against Paul Allen, who at only 17 was distraught. Young only received a yellow.

For some reason the wiki link won't post ???

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Thank you H.T. and Seagullinexile, sometimes it takes 3 brains to put it all back together !

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Thank you H.T. and Seagullinexile, sometimes it takes 3 brains to put it all back together !

Hehe...especially on New Years Day! :whistle:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
The latter. Big contract, short tenancy and pay-off.

Agreed. He'll be out the door by May, with all the blame placed on Tan, so not affecting his future employment prospects - In fact, his profile over here will be enhanced IMO.

A no lose situation for Ollie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here