Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ole Gunnar Solksjaer

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
just as well Solksjaer does have some british management experience, albeit reserves. would be a very good choice.

Reserves? You call that experience? No media, no TV, no press. It's a disaster waiting to happen.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
He took FC Molde to 2 titles on the bounce, which they had not won it previously. That said, they are having a very poor start this season

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Reserves? You call that experience? No media, no TV, no press. It's a disaster waiting to happen.

He's had plenty of media and press etc in Norway, it might be Norway but the hype around him in Norway is like Fergie and United... What he did with Molde is nothing short of genius, and the knolledge that is past down from Fergie would be invaluable... Plus with links to United maybe some favours can be called in and some loans might come out way...

Also it's not A secret that We have struggled to score goals, and OGS was first team shooting coach at United, We could defo do with him giving our forwards some serious shooting lessons and rake us somemore goals in...

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Much as I always liked Ole both as player and as a really decent guy, I honestly think that TB is now in a position that he can look for a really decent established manager.

Whereas I think OGS may do very well, I think TB will assess all potential candidates and subsequently employ the best available.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Would love this to happen.

From Wiki:
In 2007, Solskjær announced his retirement from football, after failing to recover from a serious knee injury.[1] However, he remained at Manchester United in a coaching role, as well as in an ambassadorial capacity. In 2008, Solskjær became the club's reserve team manager. He returned to his native country in 2011 to manage his former club, Molde, whom he led to their first ever league trophy in 2011 and a second league trophy in 2012.
He also supervises a training academy for young footballers in his home town of Kristiansund.

Sounds perfect.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
OGS would be a great appointment. Would lift the fans and the players. More chance of Spanish Dave signing up for another few seasons with a name like OGS or RDM as manager.
Come on Unky Tony make it happen.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I garuntee you one thing, if we do appoint OGS as our next manager and he is doing reasonably well, it won't be long before we have to start putting up with him being linked with every other job that becomes available. That alone almost makes me think Dario Gradi is the best choice.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
OGS has an air of absolute class about him. Of course we only have access to stats and results, if TB was interested he'd know how he coaches, his work with academy, philosophy, how he would manage the club - same with other candidates.

OGS is very well respected in Europe now, BUT when Villa came in he said his young family were settled in Norway and he didn't what the disruption.

foul old ron

I'll decide, thank you.
Feb 26, 2009
Round the back, by the bins.
The odds on the baby faced assassin becoming the next Brighton manager have shortened considerably this evening on both markets. As mentioned, little can be read into next manager odds at this stage (unless somebody with inside info has tried to pile on big) Whatever, somebody or bodies obviously think he's worth a bet.

I had 30 quid on at 33/1. Almost impossible to pile on big in these markets because they assume you know something and suspend the betting. I know nothing, just a mug punter.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'd be a bit worried about his lack of experience to be honest, but it could work and hopefully my worry would prove unfounded.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Sir Alex Ferguson was asked a couple of years back if he envisaged any former player of his succeeding him as Manchester United manager. Ferguson picked out Solskjaer as the one most likely to do so because Solskjaer knew from a very early age that he wanted to go into coaching when he stopped playing whereas other players only started making those preparations as they get towards the end of their careers. Solskjaer took notes from training sessions he was involved in as a player and retained them and Ferguson has said that he absorbs information as well as any player he has ever managed, often reading the game well as a substitute, which enabled him to often then make an impact when he was introduced as a substitute.

He has done very well winning back-to-back titles with Molde, who had never previously won the Norwegian title. They are struggling this season, but as one of the earlier posters pointed out, they have had an injury crisis which hasn't helped them. It depends on how settled he is back in Norway, but I think he has said previously that one day he'd like a crack at managing Manchester United and in order to stand the best chance of achieving his goal, moving back to England to test his credentials surely gives him the best chance of being noticed. I think the Brighton job is an ideal one for a manager in the early stages of their career, just as it has been for Gus Poyet.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has anyone on NSC actually seen a game that involved a team that OGS managed or are we all getting excited on hearsay?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He's the sort of bloke we should be looking at. Bloom appointed Poyet, OGS has a similar profile, I can see it happening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here