Oldham Latest news........touch and go

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Sunday July 20 2003

Advertisement

Oldham marketing manager Sean Jarvis has conceded the Second Division club could be entering "their darkest hour" following the collapse of another takeover bid.

Club officials had been locked in talks with a Norwegian consortium but the deal collapsed on Friday, leaving the Latics on the brink of liquidation.

"This is potentially our darkest hour," Jarvis told the club's official website, www.oldhamathletic.co.uk. "But I do believe we can still come out of this mess."

He added: "The way I see to do this is to do it together. The Survival Trust is a massive part of the future and funds must go into the pot as soon as possible.

"Businesses need to come forward and show their support. If there are any other major investors that either want to buy the club or may wish to be involved in the survival plan the time is now.

"The next few days are critical."

Vidar Fossdal had been brokering the deal and he insists he was let down when a mystery Norwegian backer pulled out.

"When I entered into the negotiations earlier this week I genuinely believed that I had a substantial financial backer, who unfortunately has now withdrawn from the transaction," Fossdal said in a statement.

"Despite my further efforts, I have not been able to find a replacement in the short time available.

"I deeply regret that the transaction has not proceeded."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here