Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oldham Home Boycott

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Just a thought but if we loose today, would it be a good game to vote with our feet.
The situation would likely be that we would be relegated or near as damn it, the players have shown naff all passion this season , we've been let down all the way through by various people. Home performances have been frankly diabolical yet every game we get 5k and take the crap. Week on week we silently leave withdean like we are being ushered out of a theartre.

Would sodding saturdays game off send a message to DK / the players etc etc or is there little point ?

Personally I'm not going if we loose today as I have simply seen too much this season.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Just a thought but if we loose today, would it be a good game to vote with our feet.
The situation would likely be that we would be relegated or near as damn it, the players have shown naff all passion this season , we've been let down all the way through by various people. Home performances have been frankly diabolical yet every game we get 5k and take the crap. Week on week we silently leave withdean like we are being ushered out of a theartre.

Would sodding saturdays game off send a message to DK / the players etc etc or is there little point ?

Personally I'm not going if we loose today as I have simply seen too much this season.

do us a favor and go and support someone else you glory seeker, I'll carry on supporting MY TEAM through thick aand thin

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that we need to bring in a vicar or exorcist to cast the demons out of Withdean before Saturday as I believe the players are convinced we will lose at Withdean even if we take the lead. I think that it is in their heads and needs removing.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I'm a season ticket holder but I've now had enough this year and won't be going to the last two home games. The standard of football that has been served up at the Withdean this year has been nothing short of woeful and I'm tired of feeling so low after virtually every game. I'd like to see Knight apologise at some point for the disastrous season that we have had, and the catalogue of poor decisions taken by the Board, particularly the sacking of Wilkins and the re-appointment of Adams, but I very much doubt that it will happen.

Perhaps we will at least win some games next season?

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We would still not be mathemtically down so if you are going to do a pointless exercise like this the Stockport game makes more sense.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I'm a season ticket holder but I've now had enough this year and won't be going to the last two home games. The standard of football that has been served up at the Withdean this year has been nothing short of woeful and I'm tired of feeling so low after virtually every game. I'd like to see Knight apologise at some point for the disastrous season that we have had, and the catalogue of poor decisions taken by the Board, particularly the sacking of Wilkins, but I very much doubt that it will happen.

Imagine going to watch all the crap this season at Withdean and then missing the great escape!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

I think the board has really tried to do the best for us this season. Sacking Wilkins for Adams gave everyone at the club an 'up' feeling going into this season, although we all know how its played out. They have dug deep into their pockets and signed (or funded the loans of) several good professional players and internationals. The season has been a disaster in terms of results and league position, but we've done some good things too like beating Manchester City (when the world was still looking at them) and narrowly failing to reach Wembley. We are all gutted by what has happened, but I don't think boycotts are really necessary tbh.

Oh, and Falmer is a year closer to completion:albion2:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I'm a season ticket holder but I've now had enough this year and won't be going to the last two home games. The standard of football that has been served up at the Withdean this year has been nothing short of woeful and I'm tired of feeling so low after virtually every game. I'd like to see Knight apologise at some point for the disastrous season that we have had, and the catalogue of poor decisions taken by the Board, particularly the sacking of Wilkins and the re-appointment of Adams, but I very much doubt that it will happen.

And what if the BOARDS gamble had worked and we were going up - would you be demanding an explanation for Wilkins going or angry that they reappointed Aams?

Why this continual tripe served up by the negative twats on here who still don't get that Knight is a voice piece for the board, not the sole decision maker - do you want the whole board to apologise or out too?

christ, they invested in the team during the season, trying to prevent relegation, they could have just not bothered and watch us get relegated in February, at least they are trying unlike the negative twats who do nothing but complain all season long, who put unnessessary pressure on our own players, and the result - they didn't perform
Some peoplee are just so fickle

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Supporting a football team is all about support through good and bad times.

OK, maybe we've had more than our share of bad times as Albion supporters, but on the other hand how many supporters have enjoyed back-to-back championships?

A boycott is a very bad idea and will not happen.

And what if the BOARDS gamble had worked and we were going up - would you be demanding an explanation for Wilkins going or angry that they reappointed Aams?

Why this continual tripe served up by the negative twats on here who still don't get that Knight is a voice piece for the board, not the sole decision maker - do you want the whole board to apologise or out too?

christ, they invested in the team during the season, trying to prevent relegation, they could have just not bothered and watch us get relegated in February, at least they are trying unlike the negative twats who do nothing but complain all season long, who put unnessessary pressure on our own players, and the result - they didn't perform
Some peoplee are just so fickle

I don't post much on here at all but I have to say that this is the post of the day. Agree 100%.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

The 5k you mentioned is mainly down to the 4,000 odd season ticket holders having paid in advance for the shit that has been shovelled our way this season.

I agree the twats that have been performing like muppets week in,week out (with one or two exceptions) don't deserve the support that they get and if anything they have got off very lightly. I don't think a boycott would be the answer though.

Big f***ing clearout in the summer would be the answer. Although I fear most of the muppets will still be here collecting above national average wages once again next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here