Old Squad Photos

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
There's a photo of the 77/78 squad for sale on e bay with Mike Ring and Ian Liddel in it.

Thanks. I've found a colour version of it!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The kits were so much better without the sponsors logos. It's only when looking at them all like this that you realise how ugly some of the sponsorship stuff makes them look.

el punal

Something struck me about the 73-74 picture, other than the fact that it is probably the season before I started following the Albion, why do some players have white collars on their shirts and the others blue?

Yes I noticed that too. I think the shirts were in the process of being changed from the blue collar to white for the 1972/73 season. Very similar to our current shirt (the front anyway). God - I hope that's not an omen, we got relegated that season. :ohmy:

Very windy, that day when the photo was taken.

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
Grass needs a trim, Dunk in the back row centre

bri.jpg

Lawro's busted arm

Albion.JPG

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
And who remembers these cheeky japesters from 1987-88?

(by the way, if anyone has any colour photos of the Albion squad - perhaps from an away programme - from 1992-93 to 1995-96 - please get in touch!)

My first as a season ticket holder - Grant Horscroft (man mountain on the back row).

D Block blue

Feb 23, 2009
West Sussex la la la
And still the best Albion kit EVER!

Blimey forgot all about this thread, to me it was the best kit ever as i was given that whole kit with a signed football for my 8th birthday. Sadly don't remember what happened to the ball but wore the football kit every time i played footie down the park with pride, till it fell apart. Those were the days.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I found this broadsheet pullout from the Daily Express in the 1960s featuring 'Brighton's Soccer Men'. Unfortunately, it was already creased - but I've scanned it in for your perusal. Any idea what year this was?

And - yes! - manager Freddie Goodwin in colour!

I reckon I first went about 2 seasons before this because I can rememember when we signed Lawton and Dawson.
God I bloody loved Alex Dawson as a kid.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Any chance of putting it on here Goldstone Rapper?
Or anyone really.

I will put it up. It just needs a lot of work on it as it has lots of signatures on it which I'm trying to remove.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Thanks mate!
Appreciated.

Just wondering why you are removing the signatures?
Won't that lose some value?

I hate signatures on photos, especially when scrawled all over the faces of the players. I'm trying to restore the images to a pristine condition, unsullied by the careless scrawls of the players...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Vaughan Wooley.Gary Phillps.Mark Andrews.Phil Smith.Paul Hubbard.Steve Ward.Mark Elliot?
Ken Tiler.Mark Lawrenson.Ian Mellor.Andy Rollings.Eric Steele.Peter Grummitt.Chris Cattlin.Gary Williams.Sammy Morgan.Graham Winstanley.George Aitkin.
Ken Gutteridge.Glen Geard.Tony Towner.Eric Potts.Peter Ward.Brian Horton.Alan Mullery.Steve Piper.John Ruggiero.Peter O'Sullivan.Russell Cox.Glenn Wilson.
Martin Cox.Michael Ring.Ian Liddle.

George Aitkin,Ken Gutteridge and Glenn Wilson are no longer with us.
Where is everybody else?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports