Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Old programmes

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Offloading most of my old programmes - all seasons from 75-76 to present. I know there's not much demand for these, but if anyone wants some or is after a particular one I might have it. No seasons are complete and I'm keeping some of them. They'll be heading for the skip in a day or two :cry:

programmes.PNG

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Very sad low demand. Have you tried ebay? There must be some Writers etc that would get value from these. Looking at BHA v Arsenal as example, would Arsenal fans be interested. Just seems real shame if they find there way into a skip.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Very sad low demand. Have you tried ebay? There must be some Writers etc that would get value from these. Looking at BHA v Arsenal as example, would Arsenal fans be interested. Just seems real shame if they find there way into a skip.
You can't sell them for love or money on ebay, even 'special' ones only fetch a pittance. And I'm keeping most of those anyway.

Anyone is welcome to take a batch of them, but I was really posting in case someone is looking for a particular one for some reason, eg first game they went to.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Kevo - my brother (used to be on here as @Chesney Christ) would definitely be interested in these. Will DM you.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'd really be interested in 27/10/79 v Norwich and 20/09/80, also v Norwich if you have either of those?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Had to dump all my old stash of programmes when clearing out my now late mother's place. There really is no interest in them although I wish I had kept one or two more than I did now.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm sat here almost in tears. That is history there and years of following The Albion. In a similar way I've 100's if not over 1000 7" & 12" singles of zero value but I could never throw them away. My wife keeps threatening to throw away my copies of the Argus from '79 and cup final '83. Never.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Can you imagine if the Albion let ‘authorised’ sellers have stalls in the big open tarmac ‘what shall we do with all this space on a match day?’ area?

Not every game maybe but pick one or two when the weather is likely to be better, get there early and have stalls from fans selling Albion related merchandise like these programmes?

I‘m sure there will be a trading standards or health and safety reason against doing it, but in theory it seems a nice idea to me, at least something to try and see if it’s popular or not?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Now that's strange. I know people keep things for sentimental reasons, but I binned off all my programmes and newspaper clippings just before lock down, when I realised I don't read anything that's not digital. Most of my vast collection of gardening books went as well....surprising how much space it all took up

All vinyl and cd's will be next, when I can convince the missus

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Now that's strange. I know people keep things for sentimental reasons, but I binned off all my programmes and newspaper clippings just before lock down, when I realised I don't read anything that's not digital. Most of my vast collection of gardening books went as well....surprising how much space it all took up

All vinyl and cd's will be next, when I can convince the missus
Might be interested in some of the vinyl, if you think it might be worthy of interest?

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Jnr would probably like those. He picked up loads over the course of a month as different people were having a clear out & he kept finding piles of them (very random). They are currently on display (breaking a shelf) in his room. :)

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Offloading most of my old programmes - all seasons from 75-76 to present. I know there's not much demand for these, but if anyone wants some or is after a particular one I might have it. No seasons are complete and I'm keeping some of them. They'll be heading for the skip in a day or two :cry:

View attachment 160426
Are any of these still needing a new home? Do you happen to have home game vs Wigan 12th April 1997?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

View attachment 160426
I hope 'taking them to the skip' means your local recycling centre, not landfill😉

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Can you imagine if the Albion let ‘authorised’ sellers have stalls in the big open tarmac ‘what shall we do with all this space on a match day?’ area?

Not every game maybe but pick one or two when the weather is likely to be better, get there early and have stalls from fans selling Albion related merchandise like these programmes?

I‘m sure there will be a trading standards or health and safety reason against doing it, but in theory it seems a nice idea to me, at least something to try and see if it’s popular or not?
I like the concept and I think we need ideas like this and many more. Make it interesting beyond just music playing.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Brilliant idea, I've got tons of retro BHA related stuff gathering dust, much of it from my days as a Sussex-wide charity shop hound.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here