[Brighton] Old Brighton Postcard

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Wow that takes me back. You can't see the cafe itself in that picture, just the garage, but it was a little wooden hut, (or 'cottage' if I want to be kind) set back from the road. When my parents first split up and we moved to Lancing my mum would often drive us over and drop us off there. My dad would drive down from Croydon and take us for lunch/tea there and a play in the park. Then later my mum would come and pick us up.

We called it the 'doll's house'. Not sure what it's real name was.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
just to the left of the lock up garage there used to be a little gap in the bushes that led up to the side of railway track. There was quite a large dip in the ground which my mates and I called ‘the bomb hole’. Was a great little den where we smoked many a pack of cigarettes and got my first images of dirty mags 🤪

Dun Lurkin

Feb 20, 2023
Ooh - there's an actual postcard of one, to fit the thread title

View attachment 172781
I think all these images are before my time as when I was a lad the terminus was on the other side of the road with the buses going clockwise round the Green. My cousin lived around the corner from here and we often emptied the used ticket box to to give us tickets to play with.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Bartholomews / Little East Street ?

les1.jpg

les2.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports