Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Brighton Station?

BS2.JPG

BS1.jpg

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Often stop there on route to the Amex. Joint BP and Shell signs is interesting.

Yes, interesting sign. I remember our neighbour, must have been early 1960's, used to work for ShellMex &BP. Must have been one company then. One Christmas (1962 I think) he took me and his son up to London to ShellMex House for a Christmas party. I didn't much enjoy the party but I loved the set of plastic soldiers (Desert Rats and Afrika Korps) I got as my present from Santa!

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Probably really doesn't deserve a thread of it's own but hey, I'm sure people would like to see this :

[tweet]1245989359335153666[/tweet]

Postcards from the past https://twitter.com/PastPostcard is a great Twitter account.

Anyone else got some old postcards of Brighton town? (I'm trying to give this thread some more mileage here)

Contrary to your expectations, Klaas, this has been a thread with more legs than a millipede and has been hugely entertaining! About 5 years ago I came across a postcard of the old Daddy Long-Legs railway which ran along the front by the Volks Railway with its track actually beneath the sea. You can still see the remains of the track at low tide. Wish I'd kept hold of that card so my daughter could put it on here (I'm not clever enough!).

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Contrary to your expectations, Klaas, this has been a thread with more legs than a millipede and has been hugely entertaining! About 5 years ago I came across a postcard of the old Daddy Long-Legs railway which ran along the front by the Volks Railway with its track actually beneath the sea. You can still see the remains of the track at low tide. Wish I'd kept hold of that card so my daughter could put it on here (I'm not clever enough!).

Ha! It's nice to see it pop up regularly. Some great images in it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Not a postcard as such, but here's a poster of that brilliant bonkers contraption. There's also some grainy B&W footage available on Youtube

IMG_20200628_142022.jpg

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Before and after.

Attachments

• Goldstone 1.JPG
    Goldstone 1.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 251
  • Goldstone 3.JPG
    Goldstone 3.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 250

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Ha ha. Must be one of the youngest on here at a mere 60.

Back to the photo. The concrete steps to the left of the bus are still there today. Can anyone say where they are?

King Alfred swimming pool?
In your photo is that Viceroy Lodge accross the road from the bus?

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS

All aboard!
daddy_long_legs_at_sea.jpg

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
King Alfred swimming pool?
In your photo is that Viceroy Lodge accross the road from the bus?

Spot on, anyone! Yes and yes.
Strange how the whole KA site was developed around those steps. I also would have wrongly thought KA was built before Viceroy Lodge, if I'd been asked. Must be just a few years in it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here