Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Talking of Ice Rinks?

IR1.jpg

IR2.jpg

el punal

Wow, what a travesty that the church got raised to the ground - never knew that was what was there before!

Herr Pedant here! The word you’re looking for is RAZED. It is physically impossible to raise something to the ground - but then you are describing a church so a miracle might take place. :cheers:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Love the Black Lion St picture. Shows how some streets have changed so little in 140 years. Also asks the question why haven't these buildings fallen down yet? I know from experience that my block on the seafront is 250+ years old and looks likely to stay up for another 250 years except the iron support beam needed changing as it had rusted away.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Do I remember correctly that it used to be the Queen Anne in the early '70s?

It was indeed Jack, they sometimes had a rather large lady playing the accordion in the basement bar, it may have been called The Bavarian Bar, but I'm old and confused so I may have imagined that bit.
:cheers:

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
In the middle of the modern A23 roundabout there are some large steel pipes protruding from the ground. I assume something to do with flood management and the Wellesbourne?

That roundabout used to be nicely planted. One day they chopped it all down to reveal those pipes and weeds and it has stayed like that ever since. A beautiful welcome to our city ….not!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
That roundabout used to be nicely planted. One day they chopped it all down to reveal those pipes and weeds and it has stayed like that ever since. A beautiful welcome to our city ….not!

I saw a black rabbit a few times on the roundabout when it had trees and bushes.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
That was the police box, I have never lived in Brighton but remember having my photo taken with my dad outside it I think it was 71 or 72

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here