The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
IMG_0087.jpeg

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Risk.

Found a pristine boxed set at a flea market recently, what an invention that was.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Still play "Wembley" with my grandsons 40 years after playing with my sons. Bit out of date with division 3 north and south and Hereford and Darlington included!

Like Totopoly, Scoop, Cludo and the original Monopoly.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
My brother just bought a copy of that on eBay. We used to play it in the late 60's

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
That sounds more like Rebound to me

No, it's just the same as shove halfpenny but on a plastic track. It was made by a firm called Raphael Lipkin. You can find it by searching "shove halfpenny ball bearing game".

We had it back in the 60's and played it for hours. My brother still has it and no doubt he will have his grandkids playing it .

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The best board game I ever played was called Escape From Colditz. I'd love to play it again.

And then I saw it in Waterstones in Worthing last week - SIXTY FIVE QUID !! now I'm not so sure :unsure:

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Board game called Wildlife was a favourite of mine as a kid.

Approved by the World Wildlife Fund as it was then known. It had wonderful photo's which is why I could never get rid of it. It fitted well with my love of Gerald Durrell books, love of nature and ambitions to grow up and be a vet or a naturist. Both unfulfilled, even after telling my parents and they pointed out I meant naturalist!
Used to love this one - assuming its the one I'm thinking of. Doesn't seem very ethical now though, didn't you basically go around the world capturing animals for your private zoo?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here