Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Old albums you’d nearly forgotten about

Mexican Seagull

Jan 16, 2013
Mexico City
I had forgotten how brutally honest and wonderfully played was Lou Reed & John Cale's "homage" to Andy Warhol, Songs for Drella. Heard it again last night as I was trying to explain to my Mexican wife the importance of the 3 of them - and how apt Warhol's nickname Drella was....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This album is the definition of slow-burn to me so it never jumps off the shelf at me, but whenever I do pop it on this is about the point of the album where I get goosebumps.

Someone on NSC gave me the heads up about his albums (after the first poptastic effort) and I bought them all. Absolutely wonderful.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I had forgotten how brutally honest and wonderfully played was Lou Reed & John Cale's "homage" to Andy Warhol, Songs for Drella. Heard it again last night as I was trying to explain to my Mexican wife the importance of the 3 of them - and how apt Warhol's nickname Drella was....
There's a live performance on video too (can't remember whether I bought it or recorded it of the telebox) - but if you think the record/CD was intense, you really need to see the power of the live performance. Just................awesome.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Hadn’t ever heard the complete album, or maybe I did as a child in the late seventies, but one evening last week I used Spotify in the car to play the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack from start to finish. Really enjoyed it :cool:

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I know the Velvets reformed to tour in the early 90s but I have always thought that this album was the closest we got to a proper reunion of their main creative talents. It's a great record.

joydivisionovengloves

Aug 10, 2019
N/E Somerset
Beautiful album .

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Car boot or charidee shop find about 30 years ago . . . . . A few very good tracks . . . . Old times good times with a bit of JH lead axe as well.

Attachments

• IMG_3642.jpeg
    IMG_3642.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here