Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OK what would you do if the house you live in had been the scene of a grusome murder?

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Safeway said:
Exactly. The house I'm living in at the moment is about 100 years old and people are bound to have died in it at one point or another. I'm sure each new purchaser didn't ask what the history of the place was.

Yes most houses will have some death in it, but not burried in the house itself. Remember the police still suspect that there are pieces of the girl still burried in the house that they can't find.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Honestly can't find much sympathy for this couple and their hissy fit. So what?
Driving home heard local radio (well, Splash FM, anyway) describe it as "the ultimate house-buying nightmare" - really? The house was apparently structurally sound, the appearance stayed the same - yet they sold at a loss. Surely all they needed to do when seeking a buyer was find another couple of oh-so-precious mugs like themselves?

Mind you, my best mate was brought up in a house in Cranley Gardens, Muswell Hill, just along from Dennis Nilsen's home.

Needless to say, I never accepted a glass of water while round there. . .

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
marvin said:
Because when they found out the felt duty bound to tell any purchaser who, for some reason, only held out for 8G.

But no one has explained WHY this couple believed they were entitled to a reduction in price....

Was it ghosts moaning all night ?

Was it the carpet cleaning bills ?

Even if there are still body parts under the floorboards,why does that reduce the price of a nice solid brick house ?

:shootself

Last edited:

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Smart Mart said:
But no one has explained WHY this couple believed they were entitled to a reduction in price....

Was it ghosts moaning all night ?

Was it the carpet cleaning bills ?

Even if there are still body parts under the floorboards,why does that reduce the price of a nice solid brick house ?

:shootself

To that I have no answer, I don't even know how they can claim that the price they got was not the market price. I mean, surely the market price is what someone else will pay for it, not what you, or anyone else, thinks it should be worth.

I repeat a good solicitor should have told them to piss off and stop wasting their money (remember this was an appeal). But never met a good solicitor yet, they must exist, but not met one yet.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
marvin said:
There is a two floor maisonette house just a couple of 100 yds from where I sit where a double murder was committed.
The house 2 doors down from me has had it all except murder, someone hanged them self a youngster was raped in it
someone got run over and killed by a bus directly outside the building I was in on Monday.

Jesus Marvin - ever get the feeling trouble follows you around ?

:lolol:

Heath Park Ranger

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My mates brother moved into a house about 10 years ago in Haywards Heath.

They hadn't been there all that long when they started to decorate and pulled up the carpets to have them replaced. At that point they then found a newspaper (believe it was the Argus) from several years before which had the front-page story about a man who had stabbed his wife to death in the bath before killing himself.

When they read the article fully (as the bathroom looked familiar) it then soon became clear that it had happened in their house. :ohmy:

It can't have been a nice thing to know but it didn't put them off too much and they ended up staying there for about 7 years.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I think 10 Rillington Place was pulled down because no one would live there.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Provided there were no tourists of the murder, and no remains suspected (as they seem to be in this case) I'd have no problem with it.

In fact, I wish I knew a house that was like that, as I'd be happy to get it cheap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here