[Technology] OK - so how many NSCers have an Electric car

Who on here has an Electric car?

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm definitely keen to do it, but when I changed my car 18 months ago and did the price comparison I just couldn't justify it. At that time there was a massive gulf in cost.

Once the gap narrows (and also the range increases) I will definitely buy electric, hopefully that is in 2-3 years time when I change again.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I'm definitely keen to do it, but when I changed my car 18 months ago and did the price comparison I just couldn't justify it. At that time there was a massive gulf in cost.

Once the gap narrows (and also the range increases) I will definitely buy electric, hopefully that is in 2-3 years time when I change again.
That's exactly my thinking. Plus the way the advances in technology are accelerating, the price vs quality vs usability equation should have swung by a decent whack.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I'd love to get one, but live in the middle of a terrace, with limited parking and no guarantee I can park anywhere near my house. Sometimes I have to park two roads away.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
329 miles quoted range = 300 miles in reality = 200 miles when it's cold/rainy is exactly why I'm not buying yet. 350 miles pretty much guaranteed and I'm in.

Made my first Amex trip in the Model 3 today. Charged for 40 mins at Oxford services and will do the same on the way back. It’s 300 miles each way. No hassle at all.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Made my first Amex trip in the Model 3 today. Charged for 40 mins at Oxford services and will do the same on the way back. It’s 300 miles each way. No hassle at all.

if the chargers at Oxford services are busy, or out of use, whats plan B? is it easy to find others nearby?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
if the chargers at Oxford services are busy, or out of use, whats plan B? is it easy to find others nearby?

Sorry just seen this. Yes, a lot of normal garages now have electrical charging points. It doesn’t have to be a Tesla supercharger but they are the quickest.

The display in the car tells you in advance how many charging bays are empty and would alert you if there were any issues. I haven’t had to queue at one yet.

Rinkmaster

Oct 1, 2020
Newhaven
Got rid of my car when I qualified for my bus pass. Trips away are now quite nice as I can actually look at the scenery instead of worrying about what is on the road.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
For those of you who really care about the planet and have expressed interest but are carping at the price this may just be the car for you, if it comes to the UK :lolol:

Currently expected to be 6000 Euros

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/content/news/coming-soon-citroen-ami

These are cool. For cities. I already have something ridiculous for commuting short distances. 47B4EE7E-6DBD-42A5-87C0-451ABCBE1A48.jpeg

Cesar Chavez

Apr 17, 2012
California
Nissan Leaf. Used for local trips and work commute when I go into the office. Free charging at work, plus free charging at local community centre. Also can power up at home, have solar panels to offset cost. Figured saving in petrol and lower maintenance costs would cover lease costs. Can also use high occupancy lane ‘solo’ so time savings as well.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Buying a zappi is cheap enough

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here