Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Oil prices and fuel pump price.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Had a quick look today and pretty sure it was Brent crude trading at around $98 per barrel, sure the events in Ukraine saw barrel prices rocket up to a near $140 but it's fallen back since so apart from ripping off motorists and transport distribution operations what is going on?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What happened to the 5p the government were knocking off, been swallowed up already in further price increases ???
Yep.

It didn't even cause a decrease - just less of an increase that day.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
17:15, BBC1 Weekdays

Objective met start one new thread a day

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
£174.9 p/p/l at Sainsbury just outside Ipswich, so decided to fiĺl my lorry up as I did not have enough to get back to Brighton. Pissed alot of customers waiting for the pump. Sainsbury only allow 100 litres a time, so when pump shut off on 100 ltrs had to go and pay then start over again, after doing this 6 times and holding up the pump for 50 minutes I decided that was it I will top up somewhere else as it looked like the other drivers waiting were going to lynch me.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
It’s a battle every day to find cheaper fuel it’s really hard out there as a taxi driver ,despite putting up prices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
£174.9 p/p/l at Sainsbury just outside Ipswich, so decided to fiĺl my lorry up as I did not have enough to get back to Brighton. Pissed alot of customers waiting for the pump. Sainsbury only allow 100 litres a time, so when pump shut off on 100 ltrs had to go and pay then start over again, after doing this 6 times and holding up the pump for 50 minutes I decided that was it I will top up somewhere else as it looked like the other drivers waiting were going to lynch me.

Sainsbury Leek and where most of our work vehicles are fueled put in 120 litres of diesel and i was waiting for the 100 cut -off point but just carried on,maybe it's down to each garage ?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
What happened to the 5p the government were knocking off, been swallowed up already in further price increases ???

Yes, but that isn't true is it. I have been paying 159.9 at Sainsburies Newhaven and yesterday 158.9 at Asda Hollingbury. Ever since the tax drop it has been easy to pay around a max 163.9 without any trouble at all and I was paying around 168 beforehand.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Sainsbury Leek and where most of our work vehicles are fueled put in 120 litres of diesel and i was waiting for the 100 cut -off point but just carried on,maybe it's down to each garage ?

Apparently if I was paying with bank card they could over ride it, but I was using All-star card so they can not. If I fill up at motorway services I have to get card swiped first to see if there is money to cover it, then leave card with them whilst filling up then go back in to sign receipt.

At least the HGV pumps are fast at service stations.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Apparently if I was paying with bank card they could over ride it, but I was using All-star card so they can not. If I fill up at motorway services I have to get card swiped first to see if there is money to cover it, then leave card with them whilst filling up then go back in to sign receipt.

At least the HGV pumps are fast at service stations.

Out of interest are HGV pumps compatible with car tanks?

Never had the nerve to find out as could be a disaster if not?!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Petrol companies “greedy robbing ******** run by *****”.

Weather at 11.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Out of interest are HGV pumps compatible with car tanks?

Never had the nerve to find out as could be a disaster if not?!

Some are, but I would be surprised if a forecourt allowed u to use the HGV pump due to how fast it pumps it through. I know Clacketts lane on the M25 won't let 7.5t lorries use them because of this. HGV pumps also still have the clip on the trigger so you don't have to keep it pressed in, that's if some idiot hasn't broken it off, hence why most lorry drivers carry a tennis ball with them.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
It's like when the Govt. announce 5p off a pint of beer. What is the f*****g point?.....the boozers have put up prices
10p the day before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here