[Albion] Oh where does the time go?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Ask that +*+* Salisbury.

I believe Chelsea killed around 3mins with our goal and substitutions.

Time we’d never see again.
Yep, how f***ing hard is it to add time on properly? Oh yes its "I'm going to prove I'm the worst ref in PL" Salisbury - it's a bloody miracle he put his boots on the correct feet. An absolutely atrocious ref who consistently, whether on the pitch or in the VAR booth, gets everything hopelessly wrong. Useless.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I reckon we lost 3 minutes of the 9 at the end of the match. No surprise really given Salisbury got key decisions wrong or didn’t give them. The pen, the foul on Lamptey, the red card (that was the worst error given the ref, Lino and 4th official were no further than 10m from the incident) yet they looked gob smacked when VAR kicked in.

And don’t get me started on the free kicks and retreating 10 yards. Salisbury seemed to be making up the rules on the spot. It’s clear to see that the pitch is cut in 6 yards strips yet he allowed their defender to be in the same strip as the ball when trying to block our free kick.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
And don’t get me started on the free kicks and retreating 10 yards. Salisbury seemed to be making up the rules on the spot. It’s clear to see that the pitch is cut in 6 yards strips yet he allowed their defender to be in the same strip as the ball when trying to block our free kick.
He made Gross move the ball back than move Jackson away from the ball. And when Gross did so - Jackson just shuffled forwards anyway.

Having said that - why do we take the free-kick when the player is too close? Why don't we just refuse and pace the distance out or something?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
He made Gross move the ball back than move Jackson away from the ball. And when Gross did so - Jackson just shuffled forwards anyway.

Having said that - why do we take the free-kick when the player is too close? Why don't we just refuse and pace the distance out or something?
We are very naive and at times too honest.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ah yes indeed. The final straw in the most obvious show of big six bias we’ve seen yet. So so so so so corrupt.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
In those good old days games ended on 91 or 92 minutes.
Tonight’s match ended in the 109th minute, yet there were no serious injuries, pitch invasions or change of referee. Just VAR and time wasting. And people say the game has improved!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
What happened to the days a referee had control of a game rather than looking petrified of every player out there?
I miss the Goldstone too. . .

joking aside, its is a legitimate fact that on field officials do not run the game, nor can control it.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Groos should have thrown the ball forward a bit and kickked it really hard in his face.

I was really hoping there's be a proper 70's punch up TBH . . . Especially wanted to see Tariq Lamp Cucurella
Wish someone had lamped Cucu, worth a ban

Last edited:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
And people want to get rid of VAR? And leave it to morons like him to ruin the game on his own? The would have had a penatly, one goal would have stood and james would have been on the pitch. Instead of 1-2 loss it would have been 0-4.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Groos should have thrown the ball forward a bit and kickked it really hard in his face.

I was really hoping there's be a proper 70's punch up TBH . . . Especially wanted to see Tariq Lamp Cucurella
I’d rather he kicked the ball at his privates…oh hang on it wasn’t that tit Cucurella as u were

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
And people want to get rid of VAR? And leave it to morons like him to ruin the game on his own? The would have had a penatly, one goal would have stood and james would have been on the pitch. Instead of 1-2 loss it would have been 0-4.
Indeed, people forget how shit it was without VAR. Kevin Friend talking to Robertson for an age without booking him and then blows for full time. That other tosser not giving a foul when the greyhound got wiped out against Arsenal, or two stone wall pens not given against Chelsea in front of the NS leaving Chelsea players laughing at the decision.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ask that +*+* Salisbury.

I believe Chelsea killed around 3mins with our goal and substitutions.

Time we’d never see again.
What is this 'our goal' of which you speak? ???

:wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Indeed, people forget how shit it was without VAR. Kevin Friend talking to Robertson for an age without booking him and then blows for full time. That other tosser not giving a foul when the greyhound got wiped out against Arsenal, or two stone wall pens not given against Chelsea in front of the NS leaving Chelsea players laughing at the decision.
Some people prefer decision to be wrong than have to wait for a VAR check.

And some people are still happy we voted in four arsehole prime ministers (well, two of them were voted in), and voted to leave the EU, while schools, hospitals, transport, education, and social care have all been defenestrated :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Tonight’s match ended in the 109th minute, yet there were no serious injuries, pitch invasions or change of referee. Just VAR and time wasting. And people say the game has improved!
It has improved. It is simply not as 'immediate', and madcap decisions are no longer irreversible. See post above by @Justice

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports