Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Oh, the irony..

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Crystal Palace were placed in administration by Agilo over a debt of £4m. How much debt do Brighton and Hove Albion currently have?
To anyone other than the owner? Not sure if there's any.

I can't see Tony Bloom putting the club into administration because he won't give himself his money back.

Are you really that stupid that you can't see the difference?

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace

I can't see Tony Bloom putting the club into administration because he won't give himself his money back.

And who was the main creditor of Crystal Palace who ended up accepting 1p in the £ and who would never have dreamt of putting the club into administration?

Perhaps the situation is not so different as you fondly imagine.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And who was the main creditor of Crystal Palace who ended up accepting 1p in the £ and who would never have dreamt of putting the club into administration?
A man who couldn't afford to pay his other creditors. You say it was all over a debt of £4m. So why didn't you just sell some players and pay the debt, like all other clubs do?

So who are these creditors of Brighton who are going to demand their money back, and force Brighton into administration?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What have the previous admins got to do with him?
Are ALL Palace fans to blame ?

ask Parish, he wants to speak for all fans saying "not a supporter out there who doesn't want an owner to spend frivolously". he must be talking about his club's fans, others are more considerate about the balance of success and budget restraint.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
A man who couldn't afford to pay his other creditors. You say it was all over a debt of £4m. So why didn't you just sell some players and pay the debt, like all other clubs do?

Agilo blindsided Jordan who had no notice of the administration, after which it is the Official Receiver who makes the decisions not the previous owner. My understanding is that what you describe is what Kilfoyle was doing.

So who are these creditors of Brighton who are going to demand their money back, and force Brighton into administration?

I'm not suggesting that Brighton currently has other significant creditors. Is it inconceivable that future financial straits might bring about circumstances where other creditors come into play?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

It kills you lot that Tony has lent the club (himself) so much money don't it?

You simply don't get it and will try to see the bad so crack on.

If I was you I would worry about your own owners before being worried on our behalf.

Parish is feeling the pressure as he as not been the usual media whore he likes to be and only tweets when you win. What does that tell you lot or do you continue to bury you head firmly in the sand?

House of cards comes to mind.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Agilo blindsided Jordan who had no notice of the administration, after which it is the Official Receiver who makes the decisions not the previous owner. My understanding is that what you describe is what Kilfoyle was doing.
Palace were unwilling to pay back creditors, so it was unsurprising that Agilo forced them into administration. You're suggesting that Agilo deliberately threw away £4m for a laugh.

I'm not suggesting that Brighton currently has other significant creditors.
It comes across that you are suggesting that when you say "Crystal Palace were placed in administration by Agilo over a debt of £4m. How much debt do Brighton and Hove Albion currently have?" as if it's in some way comparable.

All (practically speaking) of Brighton's assets belong to Bloom. He has paid for it all. Therefore, it's shown in the books as a debt to him. It makes complete sense. No one is suggesting that our ground, training facilities, and all our player have been paid for by a magic tree.

Is it inconceivable that future financial straits might bring about circumstances where other creditors come into play?
If Bloom were to lose his health, or somehow become bankrupt, then it's not inconceivable. But then it wouldn't have been because of mismanagement at this stage.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

This.

And despite being defenestrated by Archer - no bloody stadium, FFS - we never went into administration. A supporter with more courage and commitment than money then took on the club, cleverly getting us into the Championship twice despite our still not owning a stadium of any real sort. And then a new fan bought the club and built us a new stadium and a future. Nobody was cheated in the process.

Personally I have given up being annoyed with Palarse goons lying about my club, its owner and its 'debts'.

Palarse, on the other hand, are tainted shysters, and when they tumble, as they will, my response will be ???

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
A man was going through a security checkpoint at an airport and the monitor kept sounding an alarm that he had a metal object. He tried several passes through the monitoring equipment until he finally realized what was happening. He shouted "Oh, the iron-knee."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here