Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh Solly, Solly

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Too many posts on this thread, and on this site, have a pop at Solly for being too/only left-footed. I'm yet to see a player that gets lambasted on here for being too right-footed.
I'm just speculating, but this might just be because the majority on here (stats show that it's about six to one) are right-footed.

I do agree that Solly needs to improve his composure/final ball/shooting/etc and, probably, his right foot (although he's most memorable passage of play yesterday was when he committed to taking the ball to the byline to cross with his right foot) but, let's think about this, he's one hell of a prospect. Pace, skill, height, developing strength. That's some combination. Add a few things to that -- better right foot, better composure/final delivery/shooting/etc -- and he's going to be a top player in the Championship at the very least.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Too many posts on this thread, and on this site, have a pop at Solly for being too/only left-footed. I'm yet to see a player that gets lambasted on here for being too right-footed.
I'm just speculating, but this might just be because the majority on here (stats show that it's about six to one) are right-footed.

I do agree that Solly needs to improve his composure/final ball/shooting/etc and, probably, his right foot (although he's most memorable passage of play yesterday was when he committed to taking the ball to the byline to cross with his right foot) but, let's think about this, he's one hell of a prospect. Pace, skill, height, developing strength. That's some combination. Add a few things to that -- better right foot, better composure/final delivery/shooting/etc -- and he's going to be a top player in the Championship at the very least.

I'm not sure anyone is having a pop at Solly on here, in the last two home games he has had three one on one opportunities to put the game to bed and has truthfully, pathetically failed on all of those occasions. We all want him to succeed in what he is doing, but the point is too obvious to be missed, had we been one down or one all these misses would have been critical and as it stands we stand second on goal difference. For those who say he needs time to develop or he will be a great player in this league, let me remind you that he has been around the first tem for two years now and times over for that. I expect better of a professional footballer n the Championship and i'm sure he and his manager do also. Come on Solly wrap this thread up and star scoring these golden opportunities, because I suspect that time, CH and us fans is no longer waiting for you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here