Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Oh **** right off!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
The missus called it as soon as White hoofed the ball skyward....and I just laughed when it went in.
Had to laugh at the inevitability of it really...couldn't get angry - its only a game.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Not got Sky so I was following the match on the Albion's app on my phone, into time added on, looked at the score on 93 mins and remarked to the wife that I was pissed off we hadn't won it . Put phone down and couple of minutes later it bleeps an update and I said ahh that must be full time, at least we got a point.........................................................FFS!!!! And their goal had been scored by 'Barn door' Benteke! threw my phone across the room (luckily it's in a case) stormed out of the room muttering "I don't f**king believe it" and sulked for the rest of the night, wife really helped matters by saying her usual comment "It's only a game".
:annoyed:

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Not got Sky so I was following the match on the Albion's app on my phone, into time added on, looked at the score on 93 mins and remarked to the wife that I was pissed off we hadn't won it . Put phone down and couple of minutes later it bleeps an update and I said ahh that must be full time, at least we got a point.........................................................FFS!!!! And their goal had been scored by 'Barn door' Benteke! threw my phone across the room (luckily it's in a case) stormed out of the room muttering "I don't f**king believe it" and sulked for the rest of the night, wife really helped matters by saying her usual comment "It's only a game".

I told my mrs not to even mention the game...

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The missus called it as soon as White hoofed the ball skyward....and I just laughed when it went in.
Had to laugh at the inevitability of it really...couldn't get angry - its only a game.

Are you two married to each other ?

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country

:smile: This is almost - word for word - what happened chez Screaming J!!

I definitely uttered a "FFS" followed by "less than 45 seconds left, FFS"

Sat and fumed for a few minutes, then my wife insisted that I went out for a walk, to replicate the time I would have had queuing for train, walking back to car and driving home on a normal match day.

When I got home I watched a couple of episodes of The Thick Of It on iPlayer –– partly imagining Malcolm Tucker's expletive and threat laden rantings were directed at Roy/Benteke/Sky.
(If any budding YouTuber's are bored then I'm sure you could cut clips of The Thick Of It into the match highlights seamlessly).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think it was "f&^%ing hell" x2. I then kicked out a dog door, which turned out to be a buffalo horn which, for once, I hit well and it struck the coffee table glass shelf with such force that it left a visible chip in it. A permanent reminder of THAT night. Great.

Sir-Len

Oct 28, 2012
Berkshire
Complete silence until the camera panned to the overjoyed, giggling face of Dobby lookalike Hodgson. F#*K OFF WOY were my next words at full volume.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think it was "f&^%ing hell" x2. I then kicked out a dog door, which turned out to be a buffalo horn which, for once, I hit well and it struck the coffee table glass shelf with such force that it left a visible chip in it. A permanent reminder of THAT night. Great.

I then sat on the sofa, unable to move. Wife and children all went to bed. I vaguely recall mumbling I'll be up in a minute. Didn't move until 11.30pm. I felt like that bloke left behind in the stadium with the clapper over his face. Gutted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here