Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Oh oh jezzas gone and done it

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But with a marginally better jacket. Still looks like a bag of sh*t though.

He's not as ugly as Mrs May, though. She's horrible looking. And that's the only thing that matters in politics. Innit.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Own something he muttered under his breath to himself. Even the journalist isn't sure what he 'muttered' after watching it numerous times and slowing it down. All we have is a deaf women who could be a raging Tory for all we know is sure he said women.

I'm really not sure of your point, but maybe you have misunderstood mine.

1. The article, written by someone who voted for Corbyn to be leader of the Labour Party, has explained why it would be a bad thing to say. She's not saying he did say it, and neither am I. She's merely attempting to explain why saying "stupid woman" is not the done thing. I was using the article, slightly lazily to save me having to type much, to respond to [MENTION=5729]sir albion[/MENTION] who asked why such a term is sexist.

2. I then proceeded to say that even if he did say "stupid woman" and, again, I'm not saying he did, then he's highly unlikely to come out and "own it". In case it was missed, it wasn't me that said he should "own it", if he did indeed say it. From earlier in this thread:

Just don't understand why he'd want to ('wriggle out'). Just own it. "I called her a stupid woman. She is a woman, and I find her current position on the topic utterly stupid".

The end.

I largely don't give a toss. I think regardless of whether he said "woman" or "people" it's poor form, although one is considerably poorer than the other. I don't give a toss because there are far bigger issues at play, and stupid-woman/people-gate is a ridiculous distraction. We have a shit PM and a shit leader of the opposition. British politics has very possibly never been poorer.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Tory's blowing it up to distract from their **** ups. And it will work because as the referendum proved, their support base are gullible. Having said that, Jezza is a shockingly bad opposition leader. He's let the country down almost as much a May and the Leave voters.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Own something he muttered under his breath to himself. Even the journalist isn't sure what he 'muttered' after watching it numerous times and slowing it down. All we have is a deaf women who could be a raging Tory for all we know is sure he said women.

David Cameron actually said, in his brash arrogance 'calm down dear' in the house out loud with intent. I don't remember it getting anything like the same press and he was PM!!!

It did. Huge news then, that’s why we remember it all those years later.

Left wing paranoia. The media and baying public seize upon any verbal blunders, whether it be by Cameron, Lewis Hamilton, Corbyn, Abbott, Trump or Boris Johnson. Shirley we can all agree on that? It’s the age.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It did. Huge news then, that’s why we remember it all those years later.

Left wing paranoia. The media and baying public seize upon any verbal blunders, whether it be by Cameron, Lewis Hamilton, Corbyn, Abbott, Trump or Boris Johnson. Shirley we can all agree on that? It’s the age.

Lucky he didn’t slag off Stevenage..... [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm really not sure of your point, but maybe you have misunderstood mine.

1. The article, written by someone who voted for Corbyn to be leader of the Labour Party, has explained why it would be a bad thing to say. She's not saying he did say it, and neither am I. She's merely attempting to explain why saying "stupid woman" is not the done thing. I was using the article, slightly lazily to save me having to type much, to respond to [MENTION=5729]sir albion[/MENTION] who asked why such a term is sexist.

2. I then proceeded to say that even if he did say "stupid woman" and, again, I'm not saying he did, then he's highly unlikely to come out and "own it". In case it was missed, it wasn't me that said he should "own it", if he did indeed say it. From earlier in this thread:

I largely don't give a toss. I think regardless of whether he said "woman" or "people" it's poor form, although one is considerably poorer than the other. I don't give a toss because there are far bigger issues at play, and stupid-woman/people-gate is a ridiculous distraction. We have a shit PM and a shit leader of the opposition. British politics has very possibly never been poorer.
Perhaps he just should have said, 'Oh. for ****s sake' - but in this PC world of swear filters I'll probably not be able to say that.

Edit: Yep - there it goes. Filtered out. 'Stupid woman' it has to be, then.........................

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I worry about people like you. JC is just a knob Blair should be inside for war crimes.

Don't worry about me, mate. I'm all good. As for 'war criminal Blair'....I didn't have you down as a class war agit prop squatter's rights Corbynista sort. I appreciate that some people think that having Saddam in power would have made the world a safer place, but the Iraquis I knew at the time regarded him as a murdering *******. The problem was 'we' had no plan about what to do after invading Iraq. A bit like Brexit. Yes, I can see the parallels between the war with Iraq and the Brexit from the EU. Ill considered solutions to poorly understood problems.

But had Blair not supported old man Bush, he would have been hung out to dry by the Mail, Sun, Express, Times......and that would have meant that the golden deal with the USA to which we can all look forward after Brexit would never have been an option.

Oh.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
We should just keep things simple and use a term that we all have in common. Stupid Ar****le is perfect for everyone.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Watching it again on the news right now, it's clear he did say "stupid people".

john-terry-pantomime-dame-1.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Momentum ........................ are just a shit militant tendency ...........

No, I know it doesn't scan, but ...............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here