Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh did we win.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
No. It's about having a balanced view rather than have a spaz after 1 or 2 defeats and being chuffed but realistic after a win.

It's a new team now so let's enjoy the ride
Indeed, that's kinda my point, and I apologise for picking on your post/thread but there are a lot of posts this evening slating anywhere that dared moan.
The point they all seem to miss though, a lot of people that we're moaning weren't doing it because they could, they were moaning out of concern.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
F**k you ex-Forest Green Rovers manager, whatever your name is, the Sussex minnows did your enormous club tonight. Patronising T**t.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
BHA -- Bipolar Hove Albion. Feathring the famous Jekyll/Hyde strike partnership.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I've never been more thankful to be losing a fistful of vCash on the wrong result. Get in boys, well done, and the travelling fans were awesome!

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Oh, right so we've beaten Leeds and now Hyppia is the new messiah !
Leeds are poor, they're no where near the club they once were, if we beat the leagues better sides in the same manner, then of course you may have a valid argument.
We may now not lose another game all season and go on to romp the league, or we may be abysmal and be relegated, but winning one league game against a very poor, dirty northern side like Leeds, doesn't mean the lickers should insist everyone toes the official BHA line.

Crickey can't you enjoy an away win?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Happy days are here again, until our next loss, when Sami will be considered to be clueless and we'll be relegation favourites.

Hopefully that won't be until April time...

D

Deleted member 22389

I always said to wait until 12-13 matches to see where we are in the table, and then start worrying after that. Tony Bloom said, wait until the transfer window closes and judge me after that. Well Tony is a man of his word. Two excellent signings on top of Paddy McCourt who signed on a one year deal. A defender is signing today from a Premier League club, we also have Crofts back and Dale Stephens coming back. Not so bad now is it.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I always said to wait until 12-13 matches to see where we are in the table, and then start worrying after that. Tony Bloom said, wait until the transfer window closes and judge me after that. Well Tony is a man of his word. Two excellent signings on top of Paddy McCourt who signed on a one year deal. A defender is signing today from a Premier League club, we also have Crofts back and Dale Stephens coming back. Not so bad now is it.

Yes we should all wait, but pity we didn't make the signings earlier, pretty pointless going on a pre season tour with players you're not going to use without players you are going to play. Loans, frees and unattached players, have we actually bought anyone? Sounds like the new boys settled in very quickly, we're on the roller coater again. Does nayone have a comment on Chicksen last night?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Yes we should all wait, but pity we didn't make the signings earlier, pretty pointless going on a pre season tour with players you're not going to use without players you are going to play. Loans, frees and unattached players, have we actually bought anyone? Sounds like the new boys settled in very quickly, we're on the roller coater again. Does nayone have a comment on Chicksen last night?

Only Toko, Stockdale, COG, Huges, Holla. Have i missed anyone?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Good win - sounds as if our two latest recruits are good news. One swallow doesn't make a summer, though - we need to do this consistently (and we'll be up against better teams than Leeds).

In the same way, two 1-0 defeats hardly warrants the doom and gloom that has been prominent on here over the past couple of weeks. From relegation candidates to promotion certs - amazing what one good performance can do for fans...

After three league games, we've had the same start as last season (even better if you include winning in the cup, as opposed to the debacle at Swindon last year).

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'd say that we're in a better place than at the same time last year. 12 months ago we beat Brum 1-0 and the score reflected the game. I didn't go last night, but by the unbiased accounts of the talkshite and SSN summarisers, we absolutely bossed it and should have been out of sight at half time.

The most exciting aspect of this season is that we still have a big pot of cash to spend, so I'm expecting a couple of significant signings by September 1st to supplement what is already a promising looking squad. Compare that to last year, we were just hoping that no-one would have their heads turned by a bid from a premier league club.

D

Deleted member 22389

Looking at the stats, it looks like we had most of the possesion. If anybody went last night, did we go backwards like we used to play under Oscar, or are we more direct as a team.
From the game I witnessed at The Amex I never saw the ball go back to our keeper once.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here