Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh dear!!!

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Absolutely agree, there's no upside in remaking it, only downside. Funny how it hasn't dated, still gets every laugh. Only positive is the Christmas documentary they made about it using this new cast was very enjoyable.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
It's always interesting to hear opinions and read how they differ. I will wait until it comes out on DVD which I can always give as a present to a nephew if I don't like it, which seems quite likely. Toby Jones as Capt Mainwaring, what an insult!!!

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
On paper, very good casting, but it will be hard to capture the feel of the original. I just hope they have tried to keep true to the original characters, and don't over-Hollywood it. Looking forward to it, but I can't imagine it will ever be able to match the original.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Have seen the trailers too and I'm not overly impressed. Will wait fir the reviews but I'm not optimistic .

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Remakes that are utter shite recently include

Poltergeist
Total Recall
Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Especially Poltergeist its complete drivel.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I don't think it looks too bad.

I will probably pop along to see it with a couple of mates, I think it will just be a case of trying to think of it in its own right rather than in comparison to the original which, even as a kid in the 90's, I absolutely loved

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Definitely a Kodi jobbie. Can't imagine bothering with the cinema for this.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It managed 2 stars in The Times review today, I think Mark Kermode will shred it Friday.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Looks good to me. 2 stars in the Times though, doesn't sound good. Maybe the plot is a bit thin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here