Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Oh dear, what have you done Tony...

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
A lot of conjecture in all of that. Maybe. If. What if.

It all works the other way round too. What if fans can still be sensible enough to manage their emotions and realise that two highest ever league placed finishes back to back followed by one slightly below it thay included europe, is, in itself an amazing achievement way beyond 'being financially viable' and that progress isn't linear. Especially the higher you get.

What if most of those players were bought by the club, not the previous manager and had no Idea who he was until they got here. And, with a bitnof success under a new manager simply will not be arsed.

Perhaps Barber is fine with it and realised if we want a bit of stability and chance to grow we were better off twisting now than launch into a new season with someone who is looking for a way out and isnt shy of scuppering his own vessel.

Maybe some of those young players are looking forward to what's next and might flourish under a less self indulgent manager who's own emotional approach visibly affected the team and moral when things weren't going his way.

Maybe maybe maybe.
Absolutely right. I posted from a place of genuine sadness (not tears) at RDZ'S departure and possible consequences. My view of the season is that our achievements in Europe outweigh the domestic outcomes. I'll be wearing my Europa League jacket for years to come. I sincerely hope your version of events is more accurate and we kick on with another season of Groß inspired success.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here