Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O'Grady's heading...

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
To this day I cannot fathom how this transfer was sanctioned, let alone for a fee comparative to that of the Ashley Barnes transfer, and on a 3 year deal. It is absolutely absurd and a damning piece of evidence that our recruitment process is an utter shambles. Comparatively, how much would it have cost to sign Glenn Murray or Chris Wood on a season long loan? I know it is a comparison based on little fact but how can our recruitment team look at what is/was available and decide that Chris O'Grady on a 3 year deal is a good transfer for a 'PLR' club?

Pay Barnes more or spunk £500k on O'Grady?

Bonkers. FFP my arse.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Stats say that Rotherham are the best aerial team in the Championship by something like 10% over the next best. It was a day to keep the ball on the ground. Not loft it to O'Grady with three players marking him. We need a right winger to pass to.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Stats say that Rotherham are the best aerial team in the Championship by something like 10% over the next best. It was a day to keep the ball on the ground. Not loft it to O'Grady with three players marking him. We need a right winger to pass to.

we need a balanced squad with some leaders and fighters.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Same as against Watford the other week. Kaz literally put the ball on his head in the dying minutes. Would have taken the slightest of jumps to connect.....O Grady practically watched it go over the top of him.
Horrendous player (and he looks funny when he runs)

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
He is truly awful. How David Burke felt he was a suitably replacement for Ulloa I will never know and only serves to highlight his incompetence. Bloom ultimately sanctioned this deal so he isn't free from responsibility either.

I'm sure someone will try to counter this argument with a Burke success story (Ulloa perhaps).

If you kiss enough frogs you'll eventually find your prince

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
O'Grady is a strong player he does win balls in the air is strong on the ball and can bring players into a game and yesterday he did ok.

However he is not a Ulloa or a Murry yesterday near the end of the game Paddy drew the keeper and defence then played a fantastic ball across the face of goal towards O'Grady who stood and admired it! chance gone the frustration from Paddy was evident for all to see, on that showing not sure if it's down to confidence but I am afraid O'Grady looks like he is not up to the job we at this time need him to do

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Stats state O'Grady is 6ft 1ins but its seems that he looks smaller. The CBs he is up against look 2-3 inches taller so he isn't going to win too many balls in the air. Don't forget we are not using wingers anymore, we are using wingbacks. LL is used more centrally now and Solly is still injured but when he plays it will probably be in midfield.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
To this day I cannot fathom how this transfer was sanctioned, let alone for a fee comparative to that of the Ashley Barnes transfer, and on a 3 year deal. It is absolutely absurd and a damning piece of evidence that our recruitment process is an utter shambles. Comparatively, how much would it have cost to sign Glenn Murray or Chris Wood on a season long loan? I know it is a comparison based on little fact but how can our recruitment team look at what is/was available and decide that Chris O'Grady on a 3 year deal is a good transfer for a 'PLR' club?

I'm not defending him as he's done nothing since joining but, on the face of it, £500K for a player who scored 15 goals for a relegated Championship side last year (only one less than the £8 million Ulloa) should be very good value. Something's not right with the way we're playing our forwards as both O'Grady and Baldock are clearly better players than they look for us. There's still hope that a new manager might be able to make something of at least one of O'Grady and Baldock and get a few goals out of them but that hope is diminishing with each game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here