Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O'Grady

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Did nothing tonight to suggest that he will be starting in the league, and if on the bench doesn't appear to be an impact player. Maybe if he gets a goal things will change but can we afford to wait until Easter

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hopefully he'll be the 4th choice striker by Tuesday with a potential new no.9 coming in. I think he was quite good against Wednesday but obviously poor last night. He gives Sami options though and will hopefully score a few goals at some point. A player with 15 championship goals last season being your 3rd choice striker is a sign of a strong squad.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
He's a different option from the bench. We can't afford to have expensive players that don't start, he's ideal. I'm pleased he's part of the squad.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
Yes but Lopez could control a ball, a skill 5yr olds have generally developed. The ball really does look like it bounces of COG every time.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Come on chaps, he was only ever going to be a backup striker. And I hate to say it, but I'd rather we had a competent league one level striker as backup than a quality championship-standard backup striker with a body made of glass.

Nevertheless, I reckon he'll put a shift in for us, and probably play well in a few of those games.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I can't believe people are writing him off after just a few games for a new club. Give him a chance FFS. He scored 15 goals in this league last season so is obviously no mug.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
He was one of the only players to look good against Sheffield Wednesday, let's give the guy a chance shall we and stop trying to find things to whine about?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Looks like our new boo boy target has been identified.

Sad, isn't it? So called supporters starting threads to slag off a player who has only played four games for us.

I'm sure I'll get shouted down but I didn't think he was awful last night. Held the ball up okay and got no service really. As someone else said, also laid the ball off well for Ince's goal. He wasn't great last night but wasn't as bad as people are saying on here.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sad, isn't it? So called supporters starting threads to slag off a player who has only played four games for us.

I'm sure I'll get shouted down but I didn't think he was awful last night. Held the ball up okay and got no service really. As someone else said, also laid the ball off well for Ince's goal. He wasn't great last night but wasn't as bad as people are saying on here.

There is nothing wrong with people criticising his play last night, but writing him off with "I always knew he was shite" or "We could have got Grabban in with the wages we're paying him + 1" is tiresome, clueless and factually incorrect.

It's all about expectation, and understanding the job he's here to do.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It's been mentioned a lot recently how we don't play the same system under Sami, no need for a big strong target man in the starting line up. COG will provide us with that option against teams who park the bus or as a plan B from the bench. As long as he is understanding of limited opportunities and happy to be a part of the squad, I'd rather that then someone who will moan about not starting and look for football elsewhere

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What annoys me is instead of wasting £500k plus wages on O'grady we could of paid Grabben what obviously he his worth in wages.
How do you work that out?

O'Grady is here as 4th string striker, and is being paid accordingly.
Sadly in English football if you want a 4th string striker he's going to cost.

Grabban on the other hand would have been linking up with Ulloa & eventually CMS.
He'd have been one of the highest earners at the club, on a 3 or 4 year deal.

The difference in money between the extra outlay of Grabbon and total outlay for O'Grady (he of the lovely reverse pass to Colunga to set up Ince) will be massive.

Plus the fact O'grady arrived at a time when we had 'spare' money, Grabbon wouldn't have done.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Ok guys I have an idea.

Lets completely destroy the players confidence, lets call him 'barn door', lets boo him when he comes on, and lets lose the club in excess of £1m by destroying their investment.

I wonder who will be the first idiot to apply the 'barn door' tag?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
There is nothing wrong with people criticising his play last night, but writing him off with "I always knew he was shite" or "We could have got Grabban in with the wages we're paying him + 1" is tiresome, clueless and factually incorrect.

It's all about expectation, and understanding the job he's here to do.

Sums up much of the past three months on NSC rather well :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here