Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O'Grady can be a big hit.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
All I know is that he scored more goals for a team that got relegated than £8m Ulloa did for a team that finished in the playoffs. I see no reason to think that, if we give him the right service, he won't get at least 15 goals again this year

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
All I know is that he scored more goals for a team that got relegated than £8m Ulloa did for a team that finished in the playoffs. I see no reason to think that, if we give him the right service, he won't get at least 15 goals again this year

This

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

That's not right, I think

2013/14

Ulloa 16 goals in 38 games
O'Grady 15 goals in 43 games

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
That's not right, I think

2013/14

Ulloa 16 goals in 38 games
O'Grady 15 goals in 43 games

Sorry, I should have specified league goals. Ulloa scored 14 in the league with the other two coming in the FA Cup

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Feedback from two Sheffield Wednesday :)lolol:) fans I know:

"Just noticed you've signed Chris O'Grady!! Good luck - was poor for us. 100% effort but no pace and not a great finisher. Some fans loved him because he tries hard but I don't think he's got the quality for a top 6 team. Borderline L1 / lower championship player in my view."

"Quite good in the air, has a fair shot on him but he need about 9 chances to get 1 goal and is paceless."

The last quote is not far off how I would've described Ulloa.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Sami Hyypia: You paid 500K for this?
Burke and Bloom: That's what he cost, Sami.
Sami Hyypia: No, no, that's what you paid for him. 500K is what you paid for him. We don't know how much he's cost us yet. For you two to have a good time, we don't know the cost of that yet.

If you can't trust your friends then what then? What then?

View attachment 56505

I had too much time on my hands this morning.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Barnsley fan next door is gutted he's gone,might do a bit better than people think:rolleyes:

12 goals in a dire team last season .....him and CMS could strike up a decent partnership....Becchio would be mint but i bet his wages are too big for us.......maybe a prem loanee or two (not lingaard ) from the wirral area ....???

ack

Apr 20, 2006
Stats from last season -> 23 Barnsley 46 9 12 25 44 77 -33 39
Scoring not great but def was major downfall. Give the guy a chance and slate him come october if you have to. Not as soon as he signed ala norm NSC signings

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The last quote is not far off how I would've described Ulloa.

You seriously think O'Grady will be as good as Ulloa? Thank God we didn't have to pay £10m for him. And someone ought to have a word with Leicester, in that case - they have been well and truly done.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
ATM, we got two strikers and a kid and let's be honest. Not one of them is proven at the top end of this division. If we don't sign a top end striker then we have been royally mugged off as fans and that's a fact.....No doubt every thing else would have gone up at the ground when we all return in a fortnights time.

Midfield Minton

Dec 18, 2013
ATM, we got two strikers and a kid and let's be honest. Not one of them is proven at the top end of this division. If we don't sign a top end striker then we have been royally mugged off as fans and that's a fact.....No doubt every thing else would have gone up at the ground when we all return in a fortnights time.

Totally agree,and not a word from the club on anything signing wise,and a game tonight and all three odour new additions are not even playing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here