Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OFFSIDE?!?!?! 2nd gscum goal...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Much as i'd promised myself not to bother reading a lot of the depressing shit and over reaction of some of NSC I couldn't help post this.

My mate said 'offside' straight away (we sit level with 6 yard box) when the ball comes in to Ambrose (crowd goadibng celebration ****) and my Palace mate just made me come and watch it cos he said himself it was offside... This was the winning goal (let's face it judas had loads of time to score the 3rd when we were pushing for an equaliser). So effectively we'd have probably held on for a scrappy/lucky point and it wouldn't be this bad?!

I'm all for moving on btw, it was a freak result where the underdog play to their best and the other team don't play well but yes we didn't deserve anything... But ASTOUNDED there's no thread on this (unless i've missed something)

What's your thoughts - offside? Surely it is...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
oops title mistake :blush: soz

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I think you sit right in front of me Sheebo...

If so, then yes I thought it was about a yard offside but the lino didn't pick it up...

p.s. I'm the bloke with the 12 year old son and the old girl sitting next to me

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Thank f*** for that, I now feel much better, we can rightfully claim we were cheated by those bastards. All is well with the world again.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
We were out played, and we lost. We deserved to lose. While I too feel the pain, let's not be all Fergie and Wenger about it. It's not the fault of the officials that we lost.

TAG 1977

Aug 10, 2011
Their 2nd is just as close to being offside as our goal. We can't use this as any excuse im afraid. Revenge at Selhurst is the only hope!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Not even close to being offside. Sour grapes.

I don't think anyone is being too serious about it!

I have asked Sky to check it out for me on their latest computer software wizardry used on Monday Night Football and they have returned the following:

Onside.JPG

Close, but just onside I reckon

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Onside I'd say. For me, that was the only goal we couldn't do much about. Dunk has been superb on the whole this season but, for the first, he doesn't pressure the player as he's about to shoot or get his body in the way. It was the same for the goal against Leeds after Greer lost the ball and Bridcutt slipped.

On the third, the same again, two Albion players right there and yet neither gets in close to Murray. We're making it too easy for teams to get shots away and it's cost us 5 points.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Just to add, it's the type of goal we stopped conceding last season because of Adam El-Abd... glad he'll be back in the mix soon.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We were out played, and we lost. We deserved to lose. While I too feel the pain, let's not be all Fergie and Wenger about it. It's not the fault of the officials that we lost.

I agree - Sorry I wasn';t trying to be all sour grapes. Just pointing out it was offside. Yes we deserved to lose but hey ho - still 4 points clear of them anyways :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here