Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] officials for palace

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I was following the quote you posted. I can't follow every post you've made in case they're somehow relevant.

I'm not sure what you mean. Bry said that we (some of us) expect the officials to be infallible, and your post read as if the replies he was getting (maybe mine) suggests that we hadn't read the 'by some' part :shrug:

PS - You posted a sneaky smiley, not a wink.
I promise to get my emojis right 🤔

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
If your hypothetical scenarios now include a ball boy grabbing the ball and kicking it into the net and the ref awarding a goal it’s probably best we end the exchange here, to be honest.
Not only did it actually happen (last-minute equalizer) - but a defender got sent off for protesting about it!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Because that was the point Bry Nylon (whom you're backing up) was making. He highlighted the mistakes from Mac Allister and Sanchez in that game and that some of us think it's ok for them to make mistakes, but not the officials.
Not when they have multiple camera angles and it’s basically the only job you have that afternoon.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Not only did it actually happen (last-minute equalizer) - but a defender got sent off for protesting about it!

Well I never. And there was me thinking that this was such an unlikely scenario for top-level football that it wasn't even worthy of serious contemplation. But yes, IT DID happen, 17 years ago, in some noddy São Paulo state cup competition played on a dust bowl front of 17 people and filmed on a JVC camcorder.

FFS.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

:ROFLMAO:

I knew I'd read about it somewhere, but I'd never actually seen it before. He didn't even use the same ball.

I'd have left the pitch if I were the wronged side.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
:ROFLMAO:

I knew I'd read about it somewhere, but I'd never actually seen it before. He didn't even use the same ball.

I'd have left the pitch if I were the wronged side.
The players attacked the ballboy and assistant referee, who was hospitalised, and the match was abandoned. The referee, who was a famous female referee in Brazil, and the assistant referee were both suspended.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here