Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] officials for palace

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Crystal Palace FC (First Team) v Brighton & Hove Albion FC (First Team)
Premier League
Referee: Brooks, John
Assistant Referee: Betts, Lee
Assistant Referee: Howson, Akil
Fourth Official: Hooper, Simon
Video Assistant Referee: Coote, David
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Hatzidakis, Constantine

obviously the arsenal game is first, and i was on here defending brooks the other week after sheff u, but i have to say that is a very interesting choice given what happened with him at selhurst last season (pervis no-goal).

he owes us one, that’s for sure

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Crystal Palace FC (First Team) v Brighton & Hove Albion FC (First Team)
Premier League
Referee: Brooks, John
Assistant Referee: Betts, Lee
Assistant Referee: Howson, Akil
Fourth Official: Hooper, Simon
Video Assistant Referee: Coote, David
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Hatzidakis, Constantine

obviously the arsenal game is first, and i was on here defending brooks the other week after sheff u, but i have to say that is a very interesting choice given what happened with him at selhurst last season (pervis no-goal).

he owes us one, that’s for sure
Coote as VAR is a worry.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Wasn't it VAR that ruled out Pervis' goal by 'drawing the line' against the wrong defender?

Edit, I've just checked and it was Brooks on VAR.
Maybe he will feel he owes us? Some chance!
Was that also the game where Mac Allister missed about 3 absolute sitters and then Sanchez dropped a routine cross right onto Tompkin's boots?

Perhaps this time de Zerbi will manage to pick a bunch of players who don't make a single mistake.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Was that also the game where Mac Allister missed about 3 absolute sitters and then Sanchez dropped a routine cross right onto Tompkin's boots?

Perhaps this time de Zerbi will manage to pick a bunch of players who don't make a single mistake.
Well that hasn't happened yet, we routinely miss chances up front, and concede them at the back.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, just like every other team. But somehow the officials are the only ones expected (by some) to be 100% infallible.
I've never expected officials to be 100% infallible. Just competent will do.

Five written apologies to the club last season, and a personal visit from Howard Webb, but nothing improves. Brooks was banned for just two games.

You blame De Zerbi, and I will blame incompetence from PGMOL.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes, just like every other team. But somehow the officials are the only ones expected (by some) to be 100% infallible.
Note to self ..mustn’t criticise ref’s as its totally unfair ..in fact must sit in seat totally passive…..

Still good news my understanding is that all VAR staff have been ordered to watch this video and practise…so we should be ok

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It would be sodding typical if this is the game that our BTTS record run finally stops, and not in our favour - all thanks to another crap VAR decision.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I've never expected officials to be 100% infallible. Just competent will do.

Five written apologies to the club last season, and a personal visit from Howard Webb, but nothing improves. Brooks was banned for just two games.

You blame De Zerbi, and I will blame incompetence from PGMOL.
I'm not blaming de Zerbi; I'm simply saying you can't look at mistakes made by officials but at the same time disregard those made by the players, on either side.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm not blaming de Zerbi; I'm simply saying you can't look at mistakes made by officials but at the same time disregard those made by the players, on either side.
Drawing a straight line to a player in opposition colours, isn't on the same skill level as having to beat defenders, a bobbly pitch and a goalkeeper.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Yep. We were the authors of our downfall that afternoon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here